Bonus Chapter 3: Approval?

Derek did like Jake. Don't get him wrong he did, but he didn't support Jake getting with Drew, especially after Jake lost it at Drew in the Music Room.

Drew had came home crying that day, and for the next two weeks, didn't smile once. Jake had apologized after he realized that Zoey was behind the sent audio, but Derek had not forgiven him. After that, Derek despised Jake, but a part of him liked Jake as well. Enough to support them to Drew's face.

The only person who knew Derek didn't support Drew and Jake was David. He hadn't agreed, because Jake had shown he was genuinely sorry, but did understand Derek's feelings on him.

David was home for a week and saw Drew hurting. Not even Aaron and Lilac could make Drew smile. Drew had burst out crying more than once. The kids hadn't been in the room, but Lilac still heard the sobs. Aaron took his hearing aids out because he hated the sound so much.

To Aaron and Lilac, Drew was the toughest boy alive. He had set aside his own pain to raise them, especially when it came to their mother. He taught himself how to cook, he cleaned the house, and he helped the kids with their homework while keeping up on his own.

Derek knew how the kids felt and ushered them out of the room whenever he cried. He knew they wanted to do nothing more than hug him until he felt better, but that would make him feel guilty, it'd only make things worse.

After Jake's apology, Drew was sunshine and rainbows. Part of that was he dumped Zoey, but the other part was Jake. Drew had realized he was in love with Jake. It wasn't really a shocking revelation, but a significant one nonetheless. He had told Derek all about it, his lovesick lament making Derek sick.

It only got worse when Jake confessed his feelings. Derek had panicked, but he was supportive of them because Drew was there. But, Derek's blood boiled every time they shared a kiss. Everytime they shared a passionate look he considered killing Jake. He was worried Jake was only in the relationship for the benefits.

Drew had a nice figure, he was rich and one of the most popular boys in school. Derek knew that predators go after people like Drew. He was a child, still very much naive. He had truly believed Zoey loved him. He truly fell in love with Zoey. Now, he was blindly following Jake, following every word, as if in a trance. It sickened Derek.

How dimwitted could Drew be? He'd been manipulated so easily by Zoey, yet he's still the most trusting boyfriend on the planet?! He'd learned nothing. That was all Derek got out of their useless relationship. 

Then, something changed.

Aaron had fainted at school, and Drew was panicking as they sat in the hospital room. Aaron had not yet regained consciousness, and Drew was near years when Jake walked in. He instantly wrapped Drew in a hug, and spent the next half-hour letting him cry.

Lilac was sitting in Derek's lap and Jake reached for her hand. She grabbed it and he held her hand while running his hand through Drew's messy hair. Derek watched the exchange as the two smiled at each other before Jake turned his full attention to Drew, who was now snuggling safely on his boyfriend's shoulder. Derek tried not to melt when he saw the exchange.

"They don't know what's wrong with him. He might faint again, and they don't know what's wrong." Drew said, his shoulders shaking with teary sobs. Jake kissed Drew's hair tenderly before smiling. "They'll figure it out when he wakes up, Babe." Jake responded. "Calm down. He'll be alright. Probably just dehydrated or something."

After a few minutes of silence, Aaron awoke. He looked around, confused, before looking at his tearful older brother. Drew jumped out of Jake's arms and was on the hospital bed in seconds. Tears streamed down his face as he hugged Aaron tightly. Jake looked happily at Drew, smiling as he watched his love hugging his baby brother tightly.

Derek sighed. Does that really make him better than Zoey? I have no proof he's different from her. He thought bitterly. He needed more proof that Jake wouldn't try anything.

So many what if's lived in Derek's head. What if he only liked Drew because of his body? What if Jake just wants money? What if he leaves just like mom?

Derek had to look out for Drew, just the same way he did for Aaron and Lilac. He was truly worried, but knew better than to bring it up.

The next instance was three weeks later.

Jake had been working a new job and Drew had missed him dearly, as Jake opted to go to bed instead of going to Drew's.

Jake came over, sharing a long kiss with his boyfriend, who returned the kiss eagerly. Too eagerly for Derek's liking. The two stayed like that until Lioac tackled Jake in a hug. He hugs her back and stares deep into Drew's eyes. For a few seconds, they don't sat anything, they just look at each other in a loving way. Derek looked into Jake's eyes. He could see that Jake loved Drew at least a little bit.

At dinner, Jake and Drew held hands, Jake's thumb rubbing Drew's hand gently. He pulled Drew's hand up and kissed it, causing them both to smile and blush.

Derek saw this and he nearly sighed in relief. The love was written all over Jake's face.

Now that Derek looked at Jake, he looked just as in love as Drew. The two were always together anymore. Derek watched, and instead of watching for Jake to mess up, he watched Jake make his brother happy. They truly did look good together. And they seemed to love each other dearly.

"Well, Jake Sterling." Derek said to no one in particular. He was in his room. "You officially have my approval. "

Drew smiled. He felt relief flood through him as he heard Derek say those words.