Siblings

Drew smiled as we watched over his siblings. Lilac had her usual smile on her face and Aaron was reading a book.

Aaron was deaf, so he had his hearing aids in. They helped him quite a lot, but sometimes, he still can't hear all that well. He'd gotten a nearly fatal fever when he was three, and it made his hearing very weak. Drew was extremely overprotective of him.

Lilac was a small, sweet child with brown hair and green eyes. She was nine years old and very hyper.

Drew had an older brother named Derek who was getting married in the summer.

Drew had at first noticed that Jake and Derek got along. The two had been talking and laughing that didn't stop when he walked in. Jake then gestured for Drew to sit down, motioning him closer. They had talked until the late hours of the night.

It was at that moment, that he saw Jake and Derek, cheerfully chatting that he realized he was in love with Jake. He had placed his hand to his heart, momentarily stunned by the realization.

The second instance was when Jake had been talking to Aaron. He talked slowly and clearly for the deaf boy, and Aaron happily signed away, and Jake used context clues in order to understand him. "Hey Drew!" Jake had chirped happily.

"Could you teach me sign language? I want to get to know Aaron. I feel kinda bad that I can't really understand him. " Drew was so touched he nearly teared up. The question was so sweet that it touched Drew's guarded heart.

Not even Liam and Henry truly had Drew's heart. Of course, he liked them, they were his close friends, but Jake was his only friend that had wanted to learn for Aaron. Not even Zoey did, she just rolled her eyes at Aaron.

He had taught Jake sign, who learned quickly. Afterwards, he saw Jake, happily signing with Aaron. His brother looked delighted. Drew smiled slightly. This was truly what he wanted.

The last instance was with Lilac. Jake and Drew had been playing video games in Drew's room. "Oh! I'm gonna beat you!" Jake smirked. "Oh, no you don't!" Drew said. Jake ended up winning and that's when the door opened. "Bubba?" Lilac murmured. "Yeah?" Drew asked. "My head hurts." Lilac muttered. She was nearly crying it had hurt so much.

She laid on top of both Drew and Jake and the latter started running his hands through her hair. She had laid there until her headache was gone and she had gotten up and left.

Drew just watched the exchange, looking calmly as he waited for Jake to pick his character. Then, Jake did and he couldn't stop thinking about it. Drew wanted to say it, wanted to shout out that he was in love with Jake.

Maybe, Jake misunderstood what he meant. After all, he did just suddenly say he loved Jake. He didn't remember much about being sick, and he thought it was a dream telling Jake that he loved him.

Drew wanted to say it again, he needed to express his love. He was desperate. He couldn't stop thinking about it. Jake was on his brain all the time.

Whether he was awake or asleep didn't matter. When he was awake, he thought of Jake, when he was asleep, he dreamt of him. He craved Jake so much he could hardly stand it. When Jake laughed, he felt weak at the knees.

"Jake, you get along with my siblings pretty well." Drew started. "Hmm? Oh, you think so?" Those beautiful, light brown eyes lit up. "Have you not noticed?" Drew laughed.

Jake grinned. "I did, I was just hoping it was true." Drew smiled back.

"I appreciate you getting along with them. I love you." Drew murmured. He turned away, unable to look Jake in the eyes. Why am I so shy? He thought. His face felt so hot it was annoying.

Jake turned his head as well. "Do you want to continue our battle?" He asked. Drew nodded, sitting down again as the boys laughed at the awkward silence.