Feverish

The one time Drew had to get sick, his parents were out of town. He was forcing himself to be strictly on bedrest, not wanting to make it worse by moving around.

He had no medicine, but was worried the fever wouldn't make it safe to drive. He had a splitting headache, and his body was sluggish but achy. He was also exhausted. He'd checked his temperature a while ago, his fever wasn't too high. Just a little fever thar would most likely break overnight.

After resting for a while, his pounding head awoke him for good and he groaned in frustration into his pillow. Drew grabbed his phone, deciding to have someone pick some medicine for him.

He shot Jake a quick text: I have a fever, do you mind picking up medicine for me?

Jake picked up his phone and stared at the text. He responded nearly instantly:Sure, I'll be there in half an hour

Jake was right. He was at Drew's house in no time at all, holding a bag full of medicine, and easy foods to digest. He opened the door to Drew's room with the medicine and a cup of water. Drew took the pills slowly, drinking small sips of water in an attempt to stop the nausea. When he was done, he set the cup down on his nightstand and glanced up at Jake, who smiled brightly. Drew would have to wait until his headache was gone to sleep. Jake sighed. "So, you weren't going to tell me?" He asked.

Drew groaned. "I didn't think it would get worse. Then my headache got in the way of sleeping." He admitted. "So, you wouldn't have told you were sick if you didn't have a headache?" Jake sat on Drew's bed and sighed. Of course he wouldn't. To him, it probably wasn't a big deal.

"So, your parents aren't home." Jake muttered. "They never are." Drew responds bitterly. Jake sat down on Drew's bed, and Drew could feel the bed dip. Jake touched his forehead and Drew grabbed his cold hand, suddenly feeling a little better. The cool feeling left him happy.

Drew sighed, sinking into his pillows even more. The medicine and fever were making him tired. His eyelids felt heavy, but he wanted to thank Jake. He forced himself awake and smiled weakly at Jake.

"Hey, thank you for staying with me." He murmured. "It's no proble-"

"I love you, Jake." He mumbled then fell asleep. Jake pointed to himself in confusion before turning out the light.