Mom?

Jake and the Music Freaks were going to a band competition in a neighboring town. They were performing and Jake's plus one was Drew.

This competition was the biggest one they'd seen and Hailey was staring in awe. Luke was holding Xander's hand and Sean was having a conversation with Milly. Daisy didn't come because she was too busy.

Anyways, Drew stayed close to Jake, he didn't like Music, and he only came for Jake. He'd reluctantly gave Jake his jacket back (It didn't smell like him anymore) and he just wanted to be around his love.

Sean was giving a knowing look towards Drew, who avoided the smirk. Milly glanced at him as well and he again, avoided the look. He was clearly uncomfortable.

He wasn't leaning against Jake because he smelled great or because Jake was just so hot up clos-Wait! Drew! Pull yourself together! His mind screamed at him.

Jake just placed his hand on Drew's back, having sensed his nervousness. After all, he was giving music a try for the first time since his mom left. He listened to true crime through his earbuds, so it was never really a problem. But this, to Drew was so new and scary. The good thing is, the others were just as nervous as him. 

Jake was worried, not about their performance, but about Drew. He was nervous enough as it is and he knew every second there made him on edge. Jake felt a little guilty for inviting him, he'd not considered that Drew would be this anxious.

Finally they got to their destination and the group sat down. And as they sat down Drew looked up, and saw his mom walk by. His panicked as he and his mother locked eyes. She stopped before smiling and mouthing 'I'll talk to you soon'. Drew's blood went cold and he was nearly having a panick attack. Jake looked at him as he murmured "W-Why is mom here?" Jake then hugged him in an attempt to calm him down.

"That was her?" Jake asked. He got a nod in response. The Music Freaks all looked confused so Jake filled them in. "He hasn't seen his mom in years. She left them and now she's here. They haven't talked at all."

Sean placed his hand on Drew's shoulder and Hailey and Xander looked upset. Just hearing that set them off. Luke was holding Xander's hand again and Milly nearly had tears in her eyes. "Why?" She asked. "She liked music more than us. She left because she wanted to go on tour, but dad wanted her home." Drew explained. Jake sighed. "I am so sorry Drew."

"Don't be. You didn't know she'd be here." Jake nodded. The rest of the group began setting up to practice. Hailey felt bad, but didn't say anything. She still hadn't forgiven him, and she wasn't going to apologize about his mom. Her pride got in the way of that.

Right after they were finished setting up, Christy came back. "Drew, Baby! You're so grown up now!" She mused. "Well yeah, I was thirteen when you left. That was nearly five years ago. What do you want, Christy?" He asked angrily. He was extremely bitter. "Why don't you talk to me? It's been too long." Drew rolled his eyes.

"You left us! Don't expect everything to be the same, you hag! Leave!" Drew said without thinking. His mother grabbed his arm and ran off with him, Jake and Sean following her. She was trying to get Drew to talk and she now was holding a crying Drew.

He knew he was technically being kidnapped, and he was worried about it. He was pull8ng away but every time he broke free, she grabbed him again. He was too scared to speak and the pain his arm was going through nearly made him double over in pain. She had sprained his wrists. Both of them.

Jake and Sean spotted her in the crowd, Milly following behind them and they ran towards her at top speed, attacking her arms until she left Drew go. Milly cracked her knuckles and began to punch Christy with all her might. Sean decided when to pull her back and he called Security.

They arrived, and he told them she'd tried kidnapping Drew. The officers escorted her off the property, and into their car. Of course, she was disqualified from the competition.

They went back over to Luke, Xander, and Hailey. Drew sat down. He was trembling violently and Jake was certain he was having a panick attack. Sean whispered what had happened to the trio who weren't there as Jake calmed Drew down.

Hailey found her voice first. "That's horrible! She deserves to never see her kids again." Luke was quick to agree, along with Xander. Drew sighed. "Out of all days, she had to pick today to ruin my life." Jake rubbed Drew's back.

"It's not okay. She just tried to kidnap me and- Jake! You're arm is bleeding." Drew panicked again. Sean handed Jake some napkins, which he used to soak up the blood. "Yeah, she got me." Drew looked like he was about to cry. His eyes were glassy and he looked genuinely sorry to everyone about his mom.

"Don't be sorry. You didn't know she would do that." Luke said as he saw Drew's expression. "Jake got hurt because of me. What if it had been worse? It could have been."

Luke sighed. "But it wasn't. Jake's fine, he's just got a scratch. You're worrying too much. Don't think about the 'What if's" Drew nodded but was still shaking. He hadn't recovered from the scare.

Jake sighed. " We're next guys." The band began freaking out, getting stuff ready for onstage. Drew didn't know how to help, so he sat to the side. Milly glanced at him again, and he turned his head away. She smiled at him, but he didn't see it.

The group went onstage and started performing. Drew did like Jake's voice, but he still wasn't comfortable with how much Hailey sounded like his mom. His mood turned sour whenever Hailey began singing. Jake noticed, but kept singing with joy. He'd help Drew later.

As they got off the stage, Drew murmured, "Jake, can we talk?" Jake kinda knew what Drew was going to say.

Jake craved it honestly. Drew was being open with him, and he enjoyed every second of it. Jake yearned to hear the next, "I love you". He was not disappointed. "Jake, thanks for your help with my mom earlier, and I'm sorry about your arm." Jake nodded solemnly.

Then, in front of the Music Freaks, Drew said," I love you, Jake." Their mouths flew open as Drew looked away shyly. Luke and Sean shared knowing looks.

Jake was beginning to realize he was in love with Drew as well.