Confession

Jake knew it was time. He wanted to surprise Drew with a beautiful, heartfelt confession. He had roses just for the occasion. Now, he just had to get over his nervousness.

He was pacing around the music room, Hailey and Luke nearby. "Hasn't he made it clear he's into you?" Luke asked.

"No, he never specified what kind of love." Jake replied. Hailey sighed. "Jake, I can see it. He's into you. He wants you all to himself. That's why he hated us." Hailey points out.

"Jealousy also doesn't have to be romantic, Hailey. He's overprotective of everyone he cares about. " Jake argued.

Luke sighed. Why did they have to argue over something so stupid? And why was Jake the most oblivious person on the planet? Luke shook his head as Sean, Xander, and Milly walked in. It was time to practice. Hailey and Jake took their places, and Jake had Drew on the brain.

Jake had advice from the Jomies, and the Music Freaks. He'd even went to Zoey, which he got a reply of, "He asked me out, remember?" And an eye roll. Maybe going to Zoey wasn't the brightest idea, but he needed something. Henry and Liam suggested a calm, quiet place to confess. Drew hates loud noises quite a lot. Jake smiled, that was good advice. Luke and Xander suggested flowers and Hailey pointed out that they didn't have practice after school anymore.

"Okay, I tell Drew I'm in love with him, date him, marry him, and we adopt a daughter named Violet." Jake said to himself. "How hard can it be?"

It was difficult beyond belief. Drew was just so gorgeous and Jake was, well Jake. He was a big music nerd, and an all around geek. "Drew probably meant as friends. But, I still want to tell him."

Jake mustered up all his courage and slid a letter into Drew's locker through the slot. It was just asking him to meet up after school. It was in a gazebo near the soccer field.

Jake spent the next four class periods regretting asking Drew to come. He was panicking, bad. He was terrified of rejection. He loved Drew so much he could hardly stand it. He was so anxious he could hardly wait, but was dreading it.

Plus, Jake would have to earn approval from every family member of Drew's. Except him mom, obviously. Jake silently swore, and prayed Christy was rotting in her jail cell.

Jake began to panick as the bell rang. He rushed to his locker and pulled out the chocolates he bought for Drew, stuffing them in his bag. He practically ran down the halls in order to meet Drew on time. He just wanted it to be a simple confession.

Liam and Henry began cheering for him as he speed walked past. "Jake! Jake!Go Jake!" The two chanted. "You got this!" Henry said. Jake nodded, red as a strawberry, and rushed past them. He was eager to see Drew,hopefully feel his touch.

Drew walked to the gazebo at a regular pace, so Jake got there first. By like,five minutes. So he sat and waited. After those long minutes, Drew said, "You wanna talk?" Jake nodded. He handed Drew the chocolate and said, "Drew, I-I love you! Romantically, I mean." He was expecting a rejection, but what he got was much better.

Drew leaned in close, closed his eyes and kissed Jake. His free hand was on Jake's neck as Jake hugged Drew's waist. The two pulled away, and Jake noticed that Drew was almost crying.

"That's all I wanted to hear." Drew murmured. They hugged for a few moments longer before Drew pulled away. "I have to go pick up my siblings. Call me later and we'll arrange our first date." Drew shouted as he ran off to go to his car. "Okay" Jake replied.

Drew was crying as he reached his car. He was so happy. He drove to the middle school to pick up Aaron, who panicked at the sight.

What happened? Are you okay? Who did this? Aaron signed. Drew laughed, confusing Aaron. You're crying, why are you laughing as well? Drew ruffled his brother’s hair and signed, I'm very happy. I'm crying because I'm happy. Aaron nodded, not prying any further. He was just relieved Drew was okay.

Lilac came in a minute later and saw Drew, still red-eyed from crying. "What happened? " Drew sighed. "I need to talk to you noty, but we'll wait until we get home. It applies to Derek as well. " The two siblings looked at each other in confusion, then back at Drew. "It's nothing bad, I promise."

Drew drove home and the three siblings got out of the car. Derek, Lilac and Aaron were soon seated at the table. "I'm dating Jake." He said, and signed. The three looked happy with that. Congratulations! Aaron signed. "Cool" Lilac and Derek said on sync. "I'll tell dad when he gets home tomorrow. " Drew muttered.

But, right now, Drew was the happiest boy alive. That's all that mattered