07 //

"You know something?" Fiya asks, her smile restored in her face after freshening up in their assigned rooms in the resort. "This resort had very slow business, it seems. The owner is the director's best friend so the director decided to help him out. Most of the film is being shot in this resort so it is rented now. After the film is released, this resort will be a shooting spot which will attract more customers. So clever, no?"

"Yeah. How did you sniff this out?" Miraya asks, clicking a picture of the tall wooden swing before sitting on it.

"I have sharp ears," she shrugs, capturing Miraya in her phone. "Oh, this one is so good. You look like you could get a role in this movie."

"Shut up," Miraya says, closing her eyes and tilting her head back. The resort was aesthetic and their rooms were cosy and luxurious at the same time. This might have been a nice getaway if not for the heavy burden that sat on her shoulders, posing as a constant reminder that she has work to do and she has to hustle. Soon, when Shray's schedule clears out, she will have to face him (which requires a lot of energy in itself), help supervise the dress fitting and discuss his timings for the photoshoot and the interview.

Miraya is nervous and scared and feels like sprinting into the woods and cursing out his name. She is anxious that she is going to mess things up in some way. She imagines everyone getting to know her sob story through Shray and feeling bad for her. There are so many things running in her mind that it makes her sick to the stomach.

Now, she is the one feeling nauseous.

"Eliza and her crew done?" Fiya asks, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Yes. They've surveyed the resort and picked out the spots they could do a photoshoot in. The aesthetics of the resort helped them a lot. She said she'll show them to us and Grace later on once we've had our rest."

"How many days do you think we will get to stay here?"

"I don't know. The quicker we get the work done, the better."

"Why? It's nice here. I have already planned a trip here with Ashraf."

"So, are you guys serious?"

Fiya tugs her sweater closer. "Very. You know, only with a few people, you can picture yourself getting married to without shuddering and cringing badly. With Ashraf, after a few dates, I saw it. And marrying him feels like the most natural thing. Like, if you ask me to marry him right here right now, I will. You just know these things. It's difficult to explain but it is what it is."

Miraya smiles. "I'm genuinely happy for you, Fiya."

"I know you were secretly rooting for us."

"I hoped it wasn't obvious," Miraya says, chuckling along with her. But deep inside, she realises that most people around her are getting married soon. They are with the love of their lives, happy and eager to start a new life. She feels happy for them but something aches deep inside her. Will she ever get someone like that? Will she ever get back from work, knowing there would be someone waiting for her?

Her phone rings.

"Hello, Grace."

"Where are you?"

"Um, I came outside with Fiya. We are by the swing. What's up?" Miraya says. Fiya comes next to her at the sound of her name.

"Shray's team told us he is free for dress fitting in thirty minutes. Would you like to join?" She doesn't want to join. A polite no is almost out of her lips when Grace adds, "You have to report to Nandhini Ma'am, right? I think it's best if you are there with us."