"And that was?"

"Your dad," Gabrielle informed as she smiled at the memory. "Just as we were about to get going for prom, he gave it to me. I didn't forget about it, but I recently found it while doing a little spring cleaning in this room. It made me think of you, so I'm going to give it to you."

"Thank you so much, Mom," Inez gushed. "Can you help me put it on? My long nails are going to make it difficult."

"Of course," her mother hummed as she unhooked the necklace. She draped it across her daughter's neck before she latched it, looking into the mirror to make sure the pendant was in the center. "It looks nice on you. It highlights your eyelids."

"It really does, thanks Mom," the girl acknowledged as she got up from the small stool that came with the vanity. She smacked a kiss on her mother's cheek before she wore the small silver purse on her shoulder. Before she could place her phone inside, she tapped the screen a few times to check the time. The big numbers plastered close to the top read that it was six fifty-nine, which meant that prom would start in thirty-one minutes.

The minute moved on Inez's phone screen, marking that it was seven o'clock. Now, prom would start in thirty minutes. The time was ticking in a rush, and she still wasn't even out of the house on the road to get to the arena prom would take place in.

Minding the time, she placed her cell phone, edge control, and edge brush into her purse. You could never go wrong with those necessities whenever you're on the go. She sat back down on the stool in front of the vanity to put on her scarlet red two-piece heels, which slid onto her feet accordingly. Before she left the bedroom to go downstairs, she took one last look in the mirror to make sure she was ready to head out the door.

Was her hair in place? Check.

Was her dress properly worn? Check.

As she placed her purse on her shoulder, the girl's mother and her strutted their way out of the bedroom to climb down the stairs so she could head out. Climbing down the stairs with a long dress on was extremely difficult since stepping on the dress was highly common. The only way to stop it was to unpleasantly hold onto part of the dress, constantly looking at the ground below her as she treaded on each step.

Was it pleasant? Not at all. But was it worth the risk to fall down the stairs and injure herself during prom night? That was even worse.

When Inez reached the bottom of the steps, her father walked by, taking a brisk glance at his daughter before his mouth dropped wide open. "Nez . . . you look so beautiful."

The girl giggled before she reached out to hug her father, gently leaning the side of her head on his chest before she let go. "Thanks, Dad. Mom helped with everything."

"She did a great job," Jared remarked as he looked down at the pendant necklace, which was attached to the miniature chiseled chains that wrapped around her neck. His eyes lit up. "Wait . . . I recognize that necklace. Is that . . ."

"The necklace you gave me when we went to our senior prom?" Gabrielle intervened as a smile crept onto her lips. "I found it a few days ago when I was doing some spring cleaning in our bedroom. I decided to give it to Inez as a special token."

"That's perfect. Prom night for us was a good night, so I'm hoping for the same for Inez," Jared smiled before he flashed a smile to his daughter, wiping the side of his eyes dramatically. "Our daughter is going to prom, Gabs. Wasn't it just yesterday where she was crawling around the floor playing with her stuffed animals."

Gabrielle let out a breathy exhale as she fanned her eyes. "It feels like it."

"You guys are being so dramatic," Inez chuckled before the doorbell rang. "It's probably Alexander."