xxv. reality

LGPE WAS A HUGE SUCCESS for the Meadowbrook High School Advanced Mixed Chorus, but what was next for them?

Three of their grand performances were already down, so there was one more to go before the school year will close. Other than their LGPE festival, this performance was bound to be extremely important. Not only would it be their last performance of the school year, but it would be their last performance in high school.

If anything, Dr. Terry wanted it to be their best.

"This is yet to be your most important performance this year. After this performance, you will not be in Advanced Mixed Chorus anymore. Soon enough, you'll be graduates," she explained with perseverance. "Some of you all will go to college. You might do show choir, women's choir, men's choir, and the list go on. Some of you may decide not to even do choir, and that's completely okay," she continued as she clasped her hands together. "Some of you might not even go to college. You might go to the military, attend trade school, or go straight to the workforce. It all depends on what you want for yourself — whatever makes you happy."

The class remained silent as they watched Dr. Terry step forward. "I want you to know that during this performance, I want you to try your very best. I want this to be a memorable experience. Not for me, but for you. Having that said, right after the performance is finished, I'd like to host a banquet to celebrate your achievements."

Several eyes in the room lit up as heads shot up from the ground. A banquet just for singing did sound cool.

"This banquet isn't only to celebrate this year, but it's to celebrate all your years of participating in this course. I plan on having all of my choir students from beginning to advanced participate in the event," Dr. Terry announced. "I want to make you all the priority because this is your last year here at Meadowbrook. The banquet will not cost you a dime since part of your choir dues will cover it, and the school will donate as much money as they can to make the event possible. Family members and friends are invited to come as well, but there may be additional costs for them. Any questions about that?"

"What will happen during the banquet?" Inez questioned as her hand flung into the air. "Will there be dinner or something like that?"

"Yes, since it'll be after the performance, dinner will be served," Dr. Terry answered with a curt nod. "And believe me, it won't be school food because I don't do school food when it comes to school events. Instead, it'll be catered by a company."

A series of relieved sighs escaped most of the choir member's mouths. School food wasn't the best at Meadowbrook, that was for sure. The idea of school food being at a school event that wasn't lunch sounded odd. Especially to Alexander, who hated Meadowbrook's food with burning passion.

Catered food was surely a large upgrade, considering how bad the school food is to begin with.

"I'll have more information on the banquet when the time comes. We still have about two months," Dr. Terry mused as she gestured to a few pieces of paper. "When class begun today, I gave you all your new music for this performance. For the next two or so months, we will work on Man in the Mirror from Joyful Noise and We're All in This Together from High School Musical."

Just the announcements of the choir singing the two iconic songs lightened up their spirits, especially We're All in This Together. High School Musical is a forever iconic Disney movie, one that is enjoyed by many. With all things considered, Alexander wasn't too big on Disney movies. He didn't like how unrealistic they were or the weird logic that came within them. But he had to admit — they could be relaxing to watch at times, even if they were highly unrealistic.