Chapter 76: Awakened Conviction

There's nothing crueler than letting a dream end midway

-Shota Aizawa, Eraser head-

Location: Japan, ???

Hunter Westerdyk

Koneko, Issei, and I waited outside a ruined house. "you really think she's going to show up?" Issei asked, "If I call for her she'll come, there's no doubt about it." just as Koneko finished speaking I felt a magic circle form behind us. Turning, I narrowed my eyes as I looked at Kuroka. "First you tell me to piss off now you call for me, is somebody a little indecisive?" Kuroka asked. "Not exactly," Koneko asked, Stepping forward I said, "I have a favor to ask" My words drew a sharp gasp of surprise from Kuroka. "What's a boy like you want?" Kuroka asked. "I want to talk to Vali." I said. "I'm sorry were you being serious?" Kuroka asked. "Yeah I'm serious, I need to talk to Vali right now, It's imperative," I said. "Oh, it's adorable when a little bitch like you tries to be forceful. Okay, I'll consider helping you out" Kuroka said. Issei smiled, "awesome!" "Only on one condition, Shirone has to come back with me." Kuroka said, and I rolled my eyes, "Why did I expect any different?" "Is it surprising to you? I've tried to get her back before. Besides, what other bargaining chip are you bringing to the negotiation table? Right they say one good turn deserves another" I narrowed my eyes at Kuroka's words. "Not a chance, not happening. Koneko is my friend and I ain't giving a friend up." I said. "Oh? That's too bad.", "So is there anything else you want?" Issei asked, "Man you're a dumbass, you're the one who asked me for a favor remember, that's it the negotiations are over." Kuroka said as she walked away, "Can't believe you called me all the way out here for nothing." A portal appeared before her, my eyes widened, as I ran up to her. "Wait a fucking minute!" I shouted, Kuroka stopped and turned to look at me. And as she looked into my eyes she gasped. "You can't have Koneko, but you can have a favor instead" Kuroka raised an eyebrow, "What kind of favor?" she asked. Narrowing my eyes I said, "Ask me and I'll do anything, as long as it doesn't mean killing an innocent or betraying my friends. I'll do anything. I'll even join your chaos brigade if that's what it takes" I said.

Kuroka looked at me with an impressed expression, "That's a deal I'll take. Vali you can come out now" Kuroka said and in an instant, Vali, Bikou, and Arthur appeared behind her. I stepped towards them, "I- We need your help. We need to get to the dimensional Gap, and the only way is with your help." I said. "And what If I refuse your request?" Vali asked. I narrowed my eyes, as I said, "Wrong answer, if you don't help us-" together Issei and I summoned our Sacred Gears, "Then we'll have to use force and make you take us" Issei said. Vali stretched out his left arm, "The ones involved with the Dragon Emperors have never had a good life. Don't you believe this to be destiny as well?" I shook my head, "I don't give a shit about Destiny, If something doesn't work out for me then I'll just change it. Now, will you help us or not?" I asked. Vali nodded, before looking behind him and saying. "Arthur", At Vali's words Arthur stepped forward and summoned an Excalibur. "The royal sword caliburn passed the heirs of the pendragon name. It bestows the power to rule and cuts a path between dimensions" 

"Between Dimensions?" Issei said in surprise, "What are you a parrot? Or was the baby red dragon dropped on his head?" Kuroka taunted. "So you'll help us?" I asked. "We'll take you to the dimensional Gap, however, I can't promise that you'll survive long enough to return." Vali said, "Considering most who go die there" Bikou continued. I narrowed my eyes, "I'm not like most people, I will return."