003

Flashback

"And the beautiful prince and princess had a grand wedding and then lived happily ever after. The end."

It was way past his bedtime. His parents should be home in a few minutes. You assumed a second story would get him to sleep but you thought wrong.

Those big doe eyes held fascination and awe as they gaze upon the image displayed the story book.

When he reaches those little hands forward, flipping a couple of pages back, he stops at the image of the prince and princess dancing across the ball room.

"Kookie." He says gently, pointing at the prince. You watch carefully as his little finger land on the princess next. "Noona."

Unable to hold back a reaction, you pinch his cheek and agree with a hum. "Yup. That's Kookie, and this is Noona."

"Kookie dance with Noona."

You check the time and nearly groan. It's getting really late and you still have school tomorrow.

Normally at this time, he'd have fallen asleep and you'd be on the living room couch sleeping as you wait for his parents to arrive.

"Time for bedtime buddy. You promised Noona you'd sleep after one last story, remember?" As you shuffle to slide out of his little bed, he makes a pout with his lips. "Don't give me that look, kookie. You know if you sleep early, you'll grow very, very big."

He purses his lips even more. You fix the blanket properly above him, making sure he's nice and cozy. After raking your fingers across his fluffy hair, you gently pat the blanket. "Good night. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite."

With that being said, you leave the room and ignore when he calls out to you.

End Of Flashback

After a couple of minutes of driving, you bring the car to a stop in front of a ginormous gate. Jungkook turns to you, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"You won't come inside?"

"Not tonight. I've got school works to catch up on." From a distant, you can shape out Mrs Jeon's figure walking around their huge fountain. 

An awful reminder of you leaving Bia because of him.

"Okay. Drive safely." He steps out of the car, and gently shuts the door. Emphasis on the word gently.

"You didn't close the door properly!" He's already got his back facing you, walking away. As if you weren't annoyed enough by what he's done, he sure has the balls to irk you even more.

You reach your body forward and secure the door yourself. Just because you let him off the hook so easily growing up doesn't mean he has the right to take advantage of your good nature.

There's only so much you can tolerate.

The following day, Bia slams a poster above your chemistry textbook with a feline smile similar to the Cheshire Cat.

Honestly, you thought you could get a couple of minutes alone studying when you came here early. You didn't expect Bia to show up a few minutes later.

"Guess who signed up for dancing lessons? This girl. Over here. That's me."

Your gaze drink in the information displayed as well as the figures dancing along the surface of the paper. "But you barely have time for yourself. Are you sure you can still squeeze in dance lessons? I mean, school's already draining enough."

"Of course I can. And besides. After two years, I'll be up and away from this hell hole."

"You do you I guess."

"Great." She claps her hands, face suddenly turning serious. "And you better get ready too. I signed the both of us up and I doubt they'd give me a refund."

"Bia!"

"What? You're the one who kept going on and on about wanted to learn how to dance. And if you think of it this way, dancing's actually healthy. It can help in blowing off some steam and reduce stress as well. The benefits are endless." She tells you. " I've got screenshots to prove it."

"Could've at least asked me first."

"If I did, would you have said yes?"

"No."

"See? Exactly why I didn't say anything. Believe me, you'll thank me in the future." You get a text message the following second and cringe at the name popping up. After typing away, you disregard the device and bring your full attention to Bia. The latter gives you a knowing look.

"Let me guess, Jungkook?"

"He's been bugging me all day."

"What did you do this time?"

"Nothing." You say flatly, feeling a headache coming. "After I found out he lied yesterday, I dropped him off and left." Another ping resonates your ears. " He's like a mosquito that won't stop bothering me."

"You can't blame the kid now can you? He's been depending on you for as long as he can remember. And besides. It's kinda your fault. Should've prepared him to live on without you."

"You're supposed to be my best friend. Why the hell are you defending him?"

She shrugs her shoulders, lean muscles in motion under her outfit. "I'm just saying what I'm seeing. And it's true. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he's obsessed. I mean have you seen the way he looks at you?"

"Now you're talking nonsense."

"Deny it all you want, Y/n. But one day you'll come realize and I won't hesitate to tell you right in the face that I told you so. Mark my words."