Chapter Five

Mulai dari awal

"Thought you'd never show." Dean laughed.

We exchanged hugs when we got near. Lexi immediately took off her cut off jean shorts and tank top. The yellow bikini really looked great on her and that much was obvious on Deans face.

"Come on the waves are too perfect." She yelled as she ran off into the water. Dean chased after her.

I felt a bit akward when I slid off my sun dress. I hoped they wouldn't stare at me. I wished I could bury myself in the sand. That would be nice.

He brushed his hand through his hair and smiled. "I'm glad you came."

My cheeks blushed. His smile was too perfect. "Thanks. I couldn't miss out on this."

He stepped closer. He rested one hand on my back. "C'mon lets go in the water." He led us to the shore.

My heart started to race and I stopped walking when my feet felt the water. He kept going until the water was up to his knees.

The water rushed from the sea and back away again. I felt a bit uneasy. I looked around. Looking for a way out.

He glanced back when he noticed I wasn't behind him. "You coming?"

The sun was hitting my face. I looked down feeling nervous.

I shook my head. "No." I spoke softly.

He turned and walked right up to me. "Why not?" He looked confused.

I looked at everyone at the beach. They were having so much fun splashing in the waves and building sand castles. But no one knew why I hated the beach. I avoided it at all costs.

"I'm..." I looked up into his eyes, "I'm scared of the ocean."

He looked surprised. "You're scared?"

I nodded feeling embarrassed. "I've never went swimming in the ocean."

"Are you serious?" He said.

"Yeah, I was never a fan of the movies jaws. I'm scared of swimming in the sea." I shrugged.

"Trust me, there are no sharks around." He gave a small laugh. "I can't believe you've never gone swimming at the beach before.

"Yeah I know. Crazy huh?" I said while looking down at the sand.

"If I promise you that it will be okay, will you come swimming?" He asked.

I felt his eyes. I really was nervous. I found swimming in the ocean terrifying. I had this cool and calm exterior but inside I was dying.

"I don't know If I can..." I said quietly.

"Ally, I won't let anything happen. I'll stay right by you the entire time." He held out his hand for me to grab.

I hesitated. I didn't know if I should.

"You can trust me.." he stared straight into my eyes.

I slowly reached for his hand and grasped it. "I trust you."

He smiled and he guided me into the water one step at a time. The water came crashing against me and I gasped at the coldness.

"Slow and steady." He said in a calming voice.

The water was up to my knees now. "It's so cold." I said.

He smiled. "You'll get used to it." He pulled me into the water a bit more, "You see, it's not that bad."

We got passed the baby waves and the water was now just below my chest. I squeezed both of his hands as I felt the water pick me up.

"It's okay. You're doing great. You sure you haven't done this before?" He said with a soft smile on his face.

I laughed. "Trust me, this is a first." I looked back at the beach. I could see all the people across the sand and down the shore. Everything looked so different from here.

"You see... it's just like swimming in a pool." He said

I shook my head. "Oh no it's not. This is completely different."

He laughed. "If you say so."

I spotted Lexi and Dean playing in the little waves near the shore. It really was a perfect day out and I was glad I decided to come. To my surprise this felt amazing. "Oh my gosh, I'm actually swimming!" I said happily.

Just than I see a big wave coming towards us. I quickly wrap my arms around Tyler and pull him close. I shut my eyes and brace myself for the wave.

The wave hits us and I hold on tight. When the wave passes he looks at me. "Easy there, just a wave. Won't do damage." He said laughing.

"Sorry for holding on to you so tightly." I say a bit embarrassed. I let go of him and keep myself afloat.

He had a grin on his face. "It's okay. You have permission to do that."

I laughed and splashed him in the face with water.

Tyler smirked and swam closer to me, his face was just inches away from mine. I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Hey Ally! Tyler!" Lexi called out from the shore. "Let's play volleyball! C'mon!" She waved her hand in the air.

"Want to join them?" Tyler asked

"Yeah, another thing I've never done." I said laughing.

He shook his head. "You've been missing out all your life." He laughed.

"I can see that now." I said actually agreeing with that.

We swam back to shore. I really couldn't believe that for the first time, I swam in the ocean. It probably meant nothing to someone else. But to me, this was absolutely crazy and wonderful in every possible way. Tyler was right. I had been missing out, but that was going to change.