Capitel 24

》Unicorn《

Jisung has been sitting there for days now, wondering where to get unicorn blood. He knows that Jungwoo is a unicorn, but how is he ever going to get Jungwoo's blood, especially since he's been avoiding him so much now. Also, he can't just go to Jungwoo and ask for his blood, that would only raise questions and Jisung doesn't need that.

Jisung finds no solution.
"How am I supposed to get the other things if I'm already failing at this one," says the boy to himself and throws himself on his bed. He lies on the bed for a while and thinks, but no matter how hard he tries, he can't come up with a solution. Suddenly his stomach growls and Jisung looks down at him.

"Hmm... it's not good to think on an empty stomach," he says, before deciding to go downstairs to get some food. He hopes that hardly anyone or nobody is in the kitchen right now, but luckily for him, when he enters the kitchen, he sees the person he least wants to see.

"Oh Jisungie," Jungwoo says upon seeing Jisung at the door and waves him over.
"Come on you must be hungry," says the older one and turns to the fridge to prepare something for the younger one.
'He acts as if nothing ever happened', Jisung thinks and sits down at the dining table, which is a little further away from Jungwoo. Turning to Jisung, Jungwoo sees the distance and bites his lower lip lightly, but suppresses the pain.

"And? How are you?" Jungwoo asks to make small talk, but Jisung doesn't feel like it and only answers dryly. "Good." Jungwoo nods his head and understands his sign. And so Jisung sits quietly and just stares out the window while Jungwoo makes him something to eat. Jisung doesn't pay any attention to the older man, but when Jungwoo lets out a short cry of pain, he can't help but look at him.

"Is everything alright?" he asks immediately when he sees Jungwoo holding his finger and almost bursts into tears. "Y-Yes," he says only briefly, but Jisung knows it's not true. He goes to him and sees Jungwoo bleeding from his finger, but what surprises the boy at first is that the blood is not red but golden. He thinks for a moment and then quickly takes a paper towel and puts it over Jungwoo's fingers.

"Let me help you," says Jisung, and Jungwoo wanted to protest at first, after all he has healing powers, but when he sees Jisung worrying about him, he enjoys it. Jisung sits the older man at the table and tends to the wound.
"Why are you bleeding so much?" Jisung asks when the cloth is already completely wet.
"That's normal for unicorns. We rarely get hurt and when we do, we heal so quickly that it doesn't even come to that," says Jungwoo and he would like to rewind time again.

Jisung holds the cloth in his hand and takes a step back. "Y-You did it on purpose," says the boy, looking at Jungwoo in disappointment.
"Jisung please. It felt so good to be so close to you again," says Jungwoo, but Jisung didn't want to hear about it. He just ran out of the kitchen, ignoring the older man's shouts. He couldn't believe Jungwoo would take advantage of his concern for something like this.

Once back upstairs in his room, he locked the door and went to his chair and sat down.
"Why is he like that? I thought we understood each other, but now he yells at me, scares me and takes advantage of me shamelessly," says Jisung. Of course, none of this was true, but Jisung has been locked in a huge building with monsters for months and has experienced things that make others swoon.
Of course, Jisung is stressed.

He looks at his hands and notices the cloth. It's still wet and Jisung sees Jungwoo's blood dripping from the cloth. Then the boy remembers the potion and Jisung looked for a glass. When he finds one, he squeezes out the cloth as best he can and collects it in the jar. It's not much, but it should be enough.
"I hope thats good enough," says Jisung and then hides the glass in the drawer of the table.

Suddenly Jisung hears a knock and immediately cleans everything up.
"Y-Yes!" he calls out and hears Jungwoo's voice.
"I'm sorry Jisung, but I really didn't want to take advantage of you. I just wanted everything to go back to how it was back then. I understand that you are scared and angry, but I hope that one day you can forgive me. I put you some food outside the door. You must be very hungry..." says Jungwoo and Jisung chokes back his tears. He misses Jungwoo being around and now he feels guilty for treating Jungwoo like this.

"I'll go now...", says Jungwoo and Jisung stands there for a few seconds, but then runs to the door and yanks it open, but Jungwoo was already gone. Jisung sighs in disappointment and looks down. He takes the tray with the food and goes back to his table. He sat down and took a bite. It tastes so good that it brings tears to his eyes. It reminds him of food from his, well, not real mother. He just wants some normality back and he had that through Jungwoo, but then...

Jisung cries while enjoying his hyung's warm meal. When he was done, he wanted to go to bed, but he found a note on the tray. He takes it and read it through.
"Dear Jisungie, I hope that you can forgive me very soon. You are like a son to me and I love you so much. Enjoy it!".

Jisung tears up again. He puts the note next to his bed and then lies down.
"I hope things will get better soon..."