Capitel 13

"What memory? What did you find out?" Taeyong asks curiously. Yuta tells them all about Jisung's brother and how his parents kept something from him and his brother. He also tells about the strange event with time stopping and how Jisung wasn't himself. Also that Jisung's inner self is younger then him now and that his memory doors are a mess.
They all feel very bad, even Jaemin feels a small touch of sadness, but it quickly goes away as Jungwoo lets out a relieved sigh.
"And?" Lucas asks his husband. Exhausted, Jungwoo sits down on Jisung's bed and tucks the boy in.
"He was weak. It seems like the memory took all his strength, but he's stable again. But we can't do it again," says Jungeoo, looking at Yuta seriously.

"But there were still so many doors that had to be opened. In addition, his brain deletes a lot of memories that might help," says Yuta, but Jungwoo opposes it.
"We can't burden him any further. If his brain erases memories, then there will be a good reason for it. We can't risk what happened today again. What if he doesn't survive the next time? Then the whole mission was for nothing." , says Jungwoo and everyone agrees with him. You can't risk Jisung's life.
"But what exactly is this all about this Minyung?" asks Xiaojun, who got a little curious.
"He is actually Jisung's brother and apparently he met vampires back then. From which he learned that he and Jisung are not normal, but unfortunately there is no evidence for this. Just after Minyung attacked Jisung's mother and instead injured Jisung, their father came home and send the boy away, then I was pulled out of the memory," Yuta explains.

"That must have happened when Jisung's body gave up. The memory may have triggered or severely weakened him. We now have to wait until he wakes up and then we can talk to him about the events," says Jungwoo and the others understand that there is nothing they can do now. So the boys all leave the boy's bedroom and spread throughout the house.
But before Xiaojun can disappear into his room, Jaemin pulls him aside.
"Jaemin? What's up?" Xiaojun asks in surprise and sees a seriously looking face.
"The vampires... You know what it means if they really should be alive," says Jaemin and Xiaojun understands what his friend wants to say.

Although they are not brothers, they share the same monster gene and that connects the two somehow. They haven't been to the Underworld themselves, but Jaehyun told them about it. There live succubus' and phoenixes. The two species share the underworld because they have lived in harmony for years, but the vampires are the succubus' archenemies.
For years, the succubus' have been preparing to fight the vampires, but when they disappeared, the succubus' thought the vampires were extinct, but instead they just hid.
"I knew vampires were lowly creatures, but I wouldn't have trusted them to be so pathetic that they had to hide," says Xiaojun, who is disgusted at the thought of vampires.

"Do you think Minyung is with the vampires?" asks xiaojun and Jaemin thinks.
"Quite possibly since they were the ones who told him about his true form," says Jaemin.
"But then don't you think they would have tried to get Jisung too, or at least Minyung would have tried?" Xiaojun asks.
"Hm... maybe he was the one who triggered the memory in Jisung," explains Jaemin.
"But wouldn't that mean he was here or at least nearby? And if that were the case, then all of us and especially Jisung are in danger," Xiaojun notices and Jaemin agrees.
"What should we do?" he asks further since Jaemin says nothing more.
"Nothing. It's not our problem to be honest," says Jaemin, who still doesn't give a damn about Jisung.

"It will becomes our problem Jaemin. Have you already forgotten the legend?" Xiaojun asks, shaken.
"No, of course not, but we have our family and friends. Jisung is not one of us. He's nobody to me and he should be nobody to you either. If he really is who everyone thinks he is, then he is dangerous for both of us," Jaemin says, and Xiaojun agrees.
Jaemin is right, but he is also wrong.
"But if Jisung trusts us, then we can use it to our advantage," Xiaojun chimes in.
"No. I don't want to have anything to do with this person" Jaemin says dismissively and before Xiaojun can say another word about Jisung, Jaemin retires to his room.
"I'm just wondering where his hatred for Jisung comes from?"