32

Liam looked up at him with a sad look on his face. Preston looked at Caroline and she sighed, shaking her head. The look on her face told him Liam wasn't talking at the moment.

"Hey bud, I made you a snack." Preston placed a plate of cheese and crackers, the cheese cut out in shapes. Liam sat down and ate, but remained quiet. He walked over to Caroline and tugged her out of the room where they could whisper. "What happened?"

"I don't know. He won't talk to me either. He got in the car and was silent. This is how he was when we moved here. Not a word to me for weeks. Preston, I can't go through that again." Caroline pressed her head into his chest, her tears soaking his shirt. He held her close, letting her cry silently. Once Caroline stopped crying, Preston sent her to wash her face, and he went back into the kitchen to see Liam. He was sitting at the table, staring at the crackers. It looked like he'd eaten one.

"Liam, bud, you got to talk to me and your mama. We both love you. Did something happen at school?" Liam shook his head and continued to stare at the crackers. "Did you miss Daisy?" This time, Liam nodded. Preston sighed. Daisy made friends quickly and he bet Liam didn't know how to handle Daisy not playing with him. "Did you see her at recess and she had other friends?" Again, Liam nodded, and his gaze shifted towards Preston. "I bet it made you sad when she went off to play and left you behind?" Preston made a guess, but Liam nodded again and a tear slipped down his face. "Aww, buddy." He pulled his son into a hug, patting his back.

"She waved and ran off with some girl," Liam whispered into his shoulder, now damp with his tears.

"We talked about this, didn't we? That with Daisy in a different class, she would make new friends. Did you see anyone who was nice in your class?" Maybe if Liam thought about someone from his class, he might have a better time.

"Um, Joey was nice. He played cars with me at free time." Liam's voice still whispered but didn't sound as sad. Preston held him close and sighed.

"Maybe you can play next to Joey. You don't have to talk." Caroline came into the kitchen as Preston talked to Liam.

"Do you want to tell me, bud?" she asked, kneeling on the other side of Preston, holding Liam. Liam shrugged and Preston asked,

"Do you want me to tell her?" Liam nodded.

"Daisy made friends with other kids at school. She didn't play with him at recess." Preston caught Caroline's eye, and he saw understanding.

"I'm sorry Liam. Daisy is very social. She enjoys being around others. Don't worry, she is still your best friend. Want me to start dinner?"

"What about going out for dinner to celebrate your first day at school?" Preston suggested, trying to gain a smile from Liam.

"Can we get pizza?" Liam's eyes widened in excitement. Preston looked up at Caroline.

"We can go to Luciano's for dinner. Go wash up." Liam jumped out of Preston's arms running up to his room. Preston looked up at Caroline, worried she would be mad that Liam opened up to him and not her.

"Are you upset?"

"A little, but not at you."

"What about?" Preston stood and wrapped her up in his arms.

"Is it bad I am a little upset with Daisy?"

"Why?"

"I know she is five. She is a little girl who loves people. I knew she would make friends with others. Liam is such a quiet kid and sometimes Daisy forgets he can't make friends as she does."

"As you said, she is also five. Liam is still her best friend. The first day of school is new and fun. Daisy was getting to meet other children that didn't go to daycare with her. She is in her element. Liam will make other friends, too. It will just take him longer."

"You are right. I am being an overprotective tiger mama." Preston let out a laugh and kissed her, pouring his feelings into the kiss. She'd kept her hair in a braid. Unable to resist, he tugged back on her hair, pulling her head back revealing her creamy neck. He nipped at her neck down to her mating mark, sucking on it, sending her into a passion-fueled haze.

"I love you being protective. Tonight I want you."

"You always have me."

"Can we try something new?" Preston had ideas but didn't want to push Caroline into something she wasn't comfortable with.

"Anything for you."

"You do not know how much that turns me on," Preston growled and bit down, leaving a red mark.

"I am ready!" Liam announced in his normally soft voice. Preston released Caroline after he squeezed her ass, making her gasp. Tonight was going to be fun.

Dinner at Luciano's went better than Preston expected. They ran into Liam's classmate, Joey, with his family. The two boys waved at each other from their adjacent tables. Caroline struck up a conversation with Joey's mother Heather and Preston chatted with Luke Joey's dad. Turned out Preston and Luke both liked the same bands and sports teams. At the end of dinner, they made plans for the two families to hang out and let the boys get to know each other better. After they put Liam to bed, Preston scooped up Caroline and carried her to their bedroom. She giggled as he held her over his shoulder.

"Feeling better about Liam going to school tomorrow?" he asked, dropping her onto the bed and slowly stripping out of his clothes.

"Yes. I am glad we ran into the Hart family. They seem like nice people. Liam will feel better about going to school tomorrow, too."

"Good. Now it is our time." He stalked over to her standing before her, completely naked, his cock standing at attention. Caroline smirked and gripped his length, stroking him slowly, drawing a hiss from his lips.

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Suck me." She chuckled and leaned forward to suck the tip. Preston groaned and bent his knees, reaching down to hold her hair. By keeping her braid, she made him want her even more.