Chapter 9

"Are you sure that I can't talk you out of this?" Suki murmurs into Naruto's ear as they were getting ready to meet the other Rookies and Sand Siblings for their "Date Night."

"I'm positive. Suki, you lost the bet. Suck it up. Don't tell me that you are scaredy cat who can't handle going to a movie with our friends." Naruto taunts her.

"I can handle it. I just don't want to. I'd rather stay home. With you. Alone." She licks his ear.

"That's not fair and you k-know it." Naruto groans as he considers canceling.

"Mmm I know. That's why you are the hero of this story and I'm the bad girl." She smiles smugly.

"Suki, get your sexy ass moving or I will tell ALL of them that you like to cuddle." He threatens.

"You wouldn't." She crosses her arms defensively.

"I would. So get moving. We don't want to be late. We aren't Kakashi." He muses.

"That's fighting dirty." She growls, does a hair flip, and flips him off as she starts to walk out of their house.

"Raincheck on that offer." Naruto says laughing and races after her.

"You really are such a loser." She says and shakes her head.

Meanwhile at the outdoor movie theater Gaara dutifully was using his Kage status to get them all a good spot that was large enough to handle their huge party. Ah there were some perks to being a Kage.

"Wow! That's pretty cool man." Kiba slaps him on the back.

"…" Gaara looks at Kiba like Why are you touching me?

"He's just being friendly." Hinata mumbles to Gaara.

"Oh." Gaara figures, fuck it, and slaps Kiba on the back sending the canine lover flying.

"Maybe next time do it just a little m-more gently." She suggests.

"Understood." The red head nods sagely.

"Yeah…well you tried. That's what matters. So you think the Naruto and Suki thing is for real?" Kiba asks.

"Judging by the fact that they are walking towards us and Naruto's got his hand on Suki's ass, I'd say so." Shikamaru observes.

"What, no way?!" Kiba blinks at he stares at the scene playing out before him.

"It's real! They were in the flower shop together!" Ino nods her head determinedly.

"Did it occur to you that Suki might have just lied to you?" Shino shocks everyone by actually talking.

"Guess that's possible, but Naruto is a horrible liar." Choji chimes in.

"Well there's really only one way to settle this. After the movie, drag them off to Girls and Guy's Nights." Temari says.

"There is no way that Suki is going to go for that." Kankuro points out.

"She will if Naruto asks her to." Gaara shrugs.

"You really think so?" Tenten questions.

"I know so." The red head thought that this was a rather obvious fact, but he didn't mind pointing it out.

"Don't even think about running off." Naruto murmurs into her ear, tightening his grip on her ass.

"You know me too well. Wait…is that Hinata by Gaara? You actually invited HER here?!" She practically snarls.

"It wasn't my idea, but she's a member of the Rookie Nine. She has just as much right to be here as we do!" He protests.

"That was just cruelty. Seeing us together is going to crush her. I'm going to go." Suki looks at the door, ready to bolt.