Chapter 5

Naruto had forgotten. It had been a long time since he'd been on a mission with Suki with Team Seven. Still he should have remembered that Suki always volunteered to take the first watch. Suki Uchiha was a night owl.

It made sense really. She was definitely a creature of the night. Her dark hair, her moonlight colored skin, the way she could move with absolute silence…really everything about her reminded him of the dark.

"I'll let her sleep in." He murmurs and gets out of the bed, starting to change into his Jonin uniform.

So it shouldn't have surprised him, that he woke up before her. Like nearly every other facet of their lives, they were polar opposites. He couldn't help but smile at how peaceful she looked. Yeah, it would have been wrong to wake her.

Suki had been comfortable. But then her pillow moved away from her and suddenly she felt colder than before. How dare her pillow leave her?! Wait, pillows couldn't just get up and walk away. Her eyes flutter open.

"Oh." She murmurs under her breath.

Looked like Naruto remembered she liked to sleep in when given the option. He was in the middle of changing his clothes. Thankfully, his back was towards her. So Suki didn't see everything, but she saw enough to send her imagination into overdrive.

She'd seen him shirtless before. That was just a given. Male ninjas tended to discard their shirts rather quickly or they got torn easily during training and battles. That was back when they were Genin though.

His back was muscular and his shoulders were broad. She couldn't see his front, but she imagined judging by the biceps and obvious power that she could see from behind that he likely was sporting some equally impressive abs. Naruto's tan was thorough she noted, very thorough stretching all the way from his face to his powerful legs. Hell, even his backside was sun kissed. Did he sunbathe naked? Suki decided he had to for the tan to be that consistent.

"Nice ass, Uzumaki." Suki smacks said posterior with a pillow.

She really didn't know what came over her. It WAS a very nice ass though. Exceptionally firm, really. Still, she definitely shouldn't have done that. Now he knew that she had been looking. Naruto was never going to let her live this one down.

"Thanks, yours isn't so bad either." He pins her to the bed playfully.

"Who are you and what have you done with Naruto? That should have made you blush and act like an idiot. It's no fun if you don't freak out." Suki could only hope that she sounded more confident than she felt.

In reality, Suki was one flustered Uchiha. She could feel the heat from his body, as he held her down. Naruto seemed to be enjoying her being flustered, because he smirks. She'd never seen him look that way before. There was something predatory about it. It made her shiver, but in a good way.

"That's better. Now claim her. You know you that you want to. You should have done it last night, but now will suffice. She clearly wants you too or she wouldn't have made that signal." Kyuubi goads him.

"She was just playing around. It's not like her smacking my ass with a pillow is Sukiese for jump me." Naruto growls in annoyance.

"You're hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. A real demon would already have already claimed her." Kyuubi shakes his head and heads back to his corner of Naruto's mind, silent for now.

"You're blushing. It's fun when you freak out." He mocks her.

"I'm not blushing." She protests.

"Yes, you are." Naruto was never going to let her live this down.