Chapter 3

Suki woke in the morning, feeling oddly comfortable. She was so warm and her "bed" felt so firm. She liked a firm bed. As she slowly began to wake up, she realized something was wrong.

"What the?" She mumbles sleepily.

Her pillow was moving! Pillows were not supposed to do that. It was subtle, but it was steady. A gradual up and down motion. She cautiously opens her eyes and soon finds out why.

Her head was on Naruto's chest. It was his breathing she felt. Now that she thought about it, that did explain the steady THUMP THUMP that had lulled her to sleep the entire night. She had thought that she'd been dreaming, but she hadn't been. That was just the sound of Naruto's heartbeat.

"Better get out of his arms, before he wakes up. I'll never hear the end of this." She tries to wiggle out of his hold.

She frowns. Naruto's embrace was a powerful thing, it seemed. No matter how much she squirmed or tried to move his hands, he wouldn't budge. It was like trying to move a mountain. Despite this, it was never crushing. She wondered about this contradiction, but decides it didn't matter. What mattered now was getting out of his arms, BEFORE he woke up.

"Are you ever going to stop doing that?" He looks at her.

DAMMIT ALL TO HELL! He was awake. How long had he been awake? Had Naruto been faking being asleep? That might explain his strong hold…

"Stop doing what?" She asks.

"Trying to run away from me. It's annoying." He teases her using the word that Suki had often used while they were Genin.

"Your chasing is even more so." She taunts him.

"It wouldn't be annoying, if you didn't run in the first place. But you know before we go out and commence with Operation Screw with the Council, we should probably practice. I mean it'd be awkward if we weren't used to the whole PDA thing. No one is going to believe it, if we looked shocked. Plus there's the fact that you don't know how to be nice and flirt." He adds as an afterthought.

"Excuse me?" She raises an eyebrow.

"It's not a big deal. You are just used to being chased. I doubt you even know how to flirt because well you've never had to." He explains.

"I know how to flirt. I just choose not to." She scoffs.

"They have to believe that we are lovers." Naruto continues.

"And you don't think that I'm capable of faking it." She states.

"Pretty much, yeah." He answers.

"That sounds like a challenge." Suki muses.

"What? No, I didn't mean it as a challenge. I'm just sayin-" Naruto doesn't get to finish his sentence as Suki had now moved to sit in his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'll prove that I am FULLY capable of flirting…when I WANT to." She informs him.

"Okay." The blue eyed ninja knew better than to argue with Suki when she had THAT look in her eye.

Oh that eyelash thing was new. Suki had lowered her lashes and was giving him what Naruto could only call a seductive look. Jiraiya had called this tactic, bedroom eyes. Suki had always had gorgeous eyes and seemed more than willing to use this to her advantage.

She leans over. He can feel her breath warm on his ear, her lips brushing against it. The busty brunette was straddling his waist in a rather…suggestive fashion.

"I want you." She murmurs into his ear in a breathless voice.

"…." Naruto was speechless.

Fuck! Shit! God dammit! He didn't know that he was capable of getting hard THAT fast. Where the Hell had she learned how to do this?!