Conrad walks up behind her, tying his tie, "Breathe Bells. They will tell us everything we need to know."

Belly nods, meeting his eyes in the mirror, "I know, I just don't want him to be scared."

"Whatever happens, we're going to talk to him. Be honest. He deserves the truth,"

All weekend they've been spinning the story for Crew's benefit. His mom is just gone for the weekend, no big deal. But if this situation has potential to become more permanent, he deserves to know now.

Conrad snakes his hands around her waist and sets his chin on her shoulder, "You're beautiful,"

Belly leans back against him and closes her eyes, "Thank you,"

Conrad kisses her exposed shoulder, "Hey, you said last night that we'll get through this. We will. Don't bail on me now in the light of day." His voice is so gentle.

"I'm not, I'm right here," Belly breathes softly.

"Good. I need you," Conrad says against her neck.

"I need you too," Belly says, turning her head to kiss his cheek.

An hour later, Conrad and Belly are sitting at the kitchen table with a list of things that they would need to do to become Crew's foster parents.

"What happens while we complete this stuff?" Belly asks, "Can he still stay here?"

Rose, the woman helping with Crew's case, shakes her head, "Unfortunately no. He has to be placed with an approved foster family,"

Conrad rubs his face, "He is happy here. If you take him now, it could do serious damage."

Rose eyes him over her thick black glasses, "Mr. Fisher, I understand this is hard but these are the rules. You are not approved foster parents, you can't just keep him."

Belly laces her fingers through Conrad's, "Fine, how quickly can we get this done?"

"The biggest part of this is going to be the home screening. You need 30 hours of in-home time with a social worker, I don't know how quickly someone can come out—"

Conrad hits the table, making Rose and Belly both jump, "I want someone out here today. I don't care what you have to do. Make this a fucking priority,"

"Conrad," Belly says softly.

"No, this is ridiculous. You say you want what is best for him but you're going to make us jump through hoops and put us on some bullshit backlog of people who need a home screening and then you're going to take him away from us, the one good house he's ever been in." Conrad stands up from the table and stares down at Rose, "I want someone out here today. Taylor left him to us, not to the state. So that's fine if we need to get approved and all that, but he is not going anywhere while we do it."

Rose doesn't seem the least bit phased by Conrad's outburst. Belly feels nothing but pride for her husband in this moment. He's fighting for someone who can't fight for themselves, typical Conrad.

Rose snaps her binder closed and stands up, "Let me talk to my manager about him staying here, I'll be in touch." Her lips are tight as she walks towards the door.

"I'll walk you out," Belly follows after her, leaving Conrad in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry about that," Belly says to Rose softly when they get out onto the porch.

Rose shows an inch of a smile, "Don't apologize, Mrs. Fisher. I deal with this stuff every day."

"Okay, will you please let us know as soon as you hear something?"

"Of course," Rose zips up her briefcase and then walks down the stairs, her heels clicking all the way to her car.

Belly walks back into the house and over to Conrad, "Are you okay?" She asks.

He's sitting at the table, his head in his hands, "I'm sorry about that, I shouldn't have yelled at her. She's just trying to help."

Belly strokes the back of his neck softly, "It's okay."

"He shouldn't have to feel unwanted, you know?" Conrad says softly.

Belly grabs his chin and pulls it towards her, "I know, and we're going to fight like hell for him."

Conrad leans his head into her, "He isn't even our kid,"

Belly sighs, "No, he isn't. But that doesn't mean we can't care or shouldn't try to give him a better life if we can."

"Promise me something?"

"Anything," Belly says back quietly.

"We can't let this change us, or our kids."

Belly and Conrad are completely different people than they were last year at this time. So much has happened that had changed them into a stronger couple. This has the potential to either make them or break them, and there's no shot Belly is letting this family fall apart.

"It won't. It might change who we are, this could change our lives Con. But you and I? We are immovable objects," Belly says, remembering that Susannah and Laurel used to say that to each other.

Conrad lips turn up at the corners, "Immovable objects," He repeats.

Belly nods, "We'll be okay."

This weekend has been tough on them. One of them is constantly needing reassurance, making sure the other one is okay with what they're getting themselves into. But that's the beauty of marriage, it allows for weakness in one while the other is strong. Sometimes, it allows weakness in both, and then picking each other up. Belly only knows one thing, she's so glad that Conrad is the one she chose. The only one in the world she would want next to her during this time.