Part 8

When I got back home, I went straight to my lab suddenly motivated to work on my Firelights. My mind wasn't focused on the shitty homework and studying. My productivity was aimed at something else. I climbed down the concrete stairs into the dark basement and turned the purple LED lights on.

It was spacious and dark enough for me to concentrate since it had no windows. I sat at my round wooden table. It was built around a massive pillar on which I added shelves, pasted blueprints, speakers and a TV. I managed to put some order on the messy table, more like shoving what I didn't need to the other end of it. After putting on Get Jinxed on the TV already connected to the speakers, I made a list of all the things I needed for the project.

"Come on, SHOOT FASTER. Just a little bit of energy!"  I stood up, video calling Sevika without interrupting my concert. She picked up and cringed at the loud music. "Turn it down!" she groaned. I placed my phone on the table, propped up against the round pillar. "When the song's over, this is my jam!" I beamed.

"How about you call me when the song's over then? I'm on a holiday, I wanna relax not listen to your noise music" she complained. I pouted, "Come on, you know I know that you love this song" She blinked at me with a straight face. "Ugh" I rolled my eyes and turned the music down a little. "Happy now? Grumpy ass..."

"Oh you'd be grumpy too if Jinx was calling you in the middle of your only break" I shrugged and danced to the background music. "What do you want?" "Right!" I grabbed the list I made and showed her. "Kiddo, what do you not understand by break and holiday?" she raised a brow at me.

I paused and blinked repeatedly, "Since when do you take breaks?" "Since your old man allowed me to. That surprising?" I watched as she leaned back and crossed her arms over her chest. "But I need you" I whined. "No, you don't. Ask someone else. You know what? Do it yourself, since your spoiled ass never wants to lift a finger" "What's the fun in doing that? Do you see ME running errands like... Like those extras?"

"More like your spoiled ass never did that in her life, so you're panicking at the thought of talking to people" "Sevikaaaaaa?" I whined. "No" "Vika?" "No" "Vivi, come on" "Just wait until I'm back, what's the hurry?" I smiled and looked away.

The brown woman furrowed her brows in suspicion. "What is it?" "Well, I want to finish this ASAP so that I can show it to someone" Sevika watched me play with my fingers as I swayed to Girl Anachronism. "Who?" "A friend!" I beamed. The brunette's brows raised. "And I thought we'd be loners till death" she scoffed.

I chuckled, "Yeah but somehow... It happened" She smiled, "Sit down, kid. Tell me about it" I sat and twirled on the leather chair, gathering my thoughts. "Her name's Jela, I kinda met her yesterday but got a real introduction today." "What's she like?" "Uh, she's really nice. Glasses, dark skin, hair so curly you don't even see the curls anymore" Sevika chuckled as my hands moved around my head, motioning how thick Jela's hair was.

"She also said my inventions were very cool so, I guess I'm trying to impress her more. That's why I need you to get the material for me, Vika. You know the best shops and quality, I can't give this to any extra" I whined, giving her my best puppy dog eyes. "Nope" "Meanie," I muttered.

"Jinx" she called. "Hmm?" "This Jela is your first friend, right?" I nodded, curious about where she was getting to. "I won't tell you to cherish the friendship because you obviously do. Instead, my advice would be don't lose yourself in this friendship" We made eye contact for a while before I burst out laughing. "Sorry, I just can't take you seriously when you sound like Silco"

I heard her sigh heavily, "It's fine. Take it how you want, brat"  I sat down, spinning myself around while sketching up different designs for the Firelight wings. "Is that all for your update?" I looked up at the brunette and shook my head. "Nah, I have a question... I didn't have my special time of the month in a while. Should I be worried?" "How long is a while?" I shrugged, "More than a month maybe, I didn't count"