C H A P T E R 1

They have been at this quarry for a month. A group went out to get some supplies that everyone needed. Lori and Shane have been sneaking around. They don't think Bailey knows but she does. She knew mom would have needed some type of comfort but Bailey didn't think she would turn to dad's best friend of all people.

Over this last week a girl named Amy has become one of Bailey's closest friends. Andrea her sister is okay but Bailey don't really like her. Of course she is not going to tell Amy that. Andrea just gives off this bitch vibe. Now goes to Carol she is a sweet woman and her little girl is really close with Carl. Ed her husband is an asshole. Glenn is her other best friend he is one of the first people that she made friends with. He is nice. He was a pizza delivery boy before the world went to shit.

The rednecks Merle, Daryl, and Greyson. Let's start with Merle he kind of scared Bailey. He is an asshole. He looks at the women here like they are nothing but a piece of ass. That's disgusting. Daryl on the other hand kind of just keeps to himself. He doesn't talk much. But Greyson on the other hand Bailey thinks he is handsome. He doesn't give off that rough vibe like everyone else does. He seems nice but he is so closed off. He is always looking at Bailey as well but not in the nasty way that Merle does.

She is rather close to Greyson he listened to her when she talked about her father Rick. That's why she like him. She believes he may like her too. But she could be wrong.

Then there is Dale he is kind of like a grandfather to the group. He is nice. He doesn't have anything bad to say about anyone. He lost his wife before all of this. He is always keeping watch on top of his RV.

There are a bunch of other people but Bailey don't pay enough attention to even say anything about them.

Amy and Bailey were sitting here talking when they here a car alarm. Dale looks at Shane because he is trying to figure out what is going on.

"Stolen car is my guess" dale tells Shane. The car then comes to a stop. Before all this happened they were stuck on top of a department store.

"Turn that damn thing off." Shane starts yelling and so does everybody else. Amy keeps asking about Andrea. When she got out of the meat truck Amy ran to her.

"How did y'all get out" Shane asks Glenn as Morales comes up to them.

"New guy" Morales says to Shane. Shane looks confused. Morales then yells "helicopter boy come on out and meet everyone" he says and the man gets out. I then notice that man getting out is my dad. Carl leaves his moms arms to run to dad. But Bailey on the other hand is glued to the ground it's like she is frozen. As her dad is hugging mom and little brother Carl. He looks at her and opens his arms. Bailey run and when she got to him she jumps in his arms. She wraps her legs around his waist. If you can't tell she a daddy's girl. She always had been.

They hugged for a good 5 minutes and he put her down. She then goes give Glenn a hug as well. After that she goes right back to dad's side.

"Where's Merle" Shane asked. She looked around and then realized that he is nowhere to be seen. First thing that comes to her mind is Greyson and Daryl. That is something she knew that group had to worry about. It's not going to be good when they get back from their hunting trip.

"He was out of control. So we cuffed him to the roof" Andrea said. That is why Bailey don't like her.

******

Daryl and Greyson have been on the hunting trip since last night and in all honesty Greyson couldn't wait to get back to camp. Daryl and Merle don't really get along with anyone. But Merle is the worst of them. Greyson on the other hand only talks to one person and that's Bailey. She is the most beautiful girl that he has ever seen honestly. He likes her but he will probably never admitted it. Maybe he will. He don't know.