Chapter 15

The rest of the day was a blur. I spent most of my time dreading the party and I never really took a second to actually enjoy my time with Ashton.

"What do you think?," he asks and I realize I wasn't paying attention.

"I'm so sorry," I sigh. "normally I'm a good listener, I'm just a bit stressed." I run my hands through my hair and lean onto the dash board of the car.

"It's cool, I was just asking about Luke and Carla."

"Oh what about them,"

"Do you think they're still together?" He asks.

"Well why wouldn't they be, did something happen." I say concerned.

"Not that I know of, he's just seemed weird lately and like the party and stuff. I don't know it just feels suspicious." He pulls into my driveway and parks the car.

"They're still together as far as I know," I shrug. He shakes it off and opens the door for me.

My mom wasn't home for some reason, which was actually kinda good so I wouldn't have to explain myself to her.

Ashton sits on my bed, softly, to the point where I don't really care that he messed up my blankets. I made my way to my closet and began rummaging through.

Ashton came up and hugged me from behind placing his chin on my shoulder.

"You should just where what you have on," he whispers.

I look down and I'm wearing skinny jeans with rips in the knees, and a grey tee-shirt.

"But it's a party," I question him.

"Not that kind of party," he says and places the red dress I was holding back in my closet.

"Well what kind of party?" I sass.

"The kind where teenage kids get belligerently drunk and do dumb things but still seem to go to them." he laughs and I feel the blood drain from my face.

He sensed my concerned and quickly said, "don't worry, I don't drink. I'm just going to snoop out the Carla and Luke situation and I promise I'll never leave you're side," he says and kisses my cheek. I smile and hug him.

"It's getting pretty late, you ready to go?" He says.

"I guess so," I sigh.

And that my dear friends, is possibly the dumbest decision I've ever made.