Chapter 14

"Morning!" Ashton smiles when I show up at Alice's. He was sitting on the front stoop sipping a cup of coffee.

"Good morning," I smile back.

"How are you this fine sunny day?" He beams.

I place my bike on the side of the building and Ashton shuffles up to me and grabs my hand.

"A lot better now," I flirt back.

We walk into Alice's together and find her grinning behind the counter.

"I always knew you to were perfect for each other," she holds up her finger and sings. It feels so good to see Alice after all these hectic days. She looks the same and I now see how much Ashton really looks like her.

She hurries around the counter grabs my face and kisses my cheek, and does the same to Ashton. But she also lightly hits his cheek and says "you take care of this one ashy, she's a keeper," and winks.

I feel my face blushing and I lean onto Ashton's shoulder.

"I will grammy" he laughs and places his chin on my head.

Together, we walk over to my normal table and he goes to the counter and asks for my coffee. When he returns I ask, "you remember my order from the day we met?"

"How could I forget," he smirks and takes a seat.

"So...." He sighs

"What?" I ask.

"About this party....."

Oh god. How does he know? There's no way I'm going.

"What party?" I dumbly ask.

"You know, you're friend Carla's,"

"Oh... what about it?"

"Would you like to go? If you don't it's totally fine. We can make other plans." That's my Ashton. Bless this kid, he knows my boundaries.

"Oh god Ashton, I'd-" I begin to say but I was interrupted by Alice.

"Oh my heavens girl! Go to the damned party! Live a little!" She shouts. I look over at Ashton who's making that you-know-you-want-to face and I don't know if it was just the spur of the moment but I regretfully said,

"Oh fine."

Sorry this was so short but the next chapters gonna be pretty long so I thought I'd give you a break haha ily xx