The Duchess Approves

Okay, I feel like I need to address the visions Harry is still having.

The horcrux, firstly, is definitely removed. That isn't a problem anymore.

However, Voldemort is still an incredibly accomplished Legilimens, so he is able to infiltrate the minds of others and plant real and/or fake images in that person's head (Harry).

The reason Harry's Occlumency training hasn't prevented this is because Harry is actively letting these images in, determining their validity and acting accordingly. For instance, if he was (theoretically) shown an image of someone he cared about being tortured (Sirius) he would then, if he wasn't absolutely sure it was false, check up on that person (Sirius) by any means possible (the mirror he was given).

This, however, doesn't answer why Voldemort doesn't just do this to everyone.

My answer is that he doesn't need to.

Now, hear me out. Voldy-shorts is an incredibly powerful and dangerous wizard- arguably more so than canon Dumbledore and definitely more than this story's Dumbledore. Harry, as of now, is the only person known to stand up to Voldemort and beat him besides Dumbledore. This threat is new and peculiar to Voldemort. He doesn't know anything about Harry.

And what do humans typically do concerning things they don't know anything about?

They fear them.

Voldemort is scared of Harry. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone else because he knows he can absolutely shit on them in a fight if he tries hard enough. He has no idea what Harry can do. Harry bested him as a child, imagine what he could do as a healthy teenager.

So that's why these images are sent to only Harry. Voldemort is pissing himself (quite literally) in fear of the only person on Earth with a positive win/lose duel ratio against him, so he's using every ace he has on his one target.

And if that doesn't work for you, it's a fanfiction. Come on, just go with it, I'm trying here, guys.

Also, I couldn't remember if the Third Task started in the same evening as the champions met their families or if it was after, but I'm going to go with the same evening because it makes the most sense. If I'm wrong, I'm not sorry.

On with the story!

_________________________

Finally, the Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament was to begin in the evening, and Professor McGonagall had been tasked with accompanying Ron Weasley to his family, who were waiting for him in the chamber of the Hall.

Walking the length of said Hall, she found the lout stuffing himself with all kinds of foods from all kinds of people, even going so far as to spear a spud off a disgusted Dennis Creevey's plate.

"Weasley, the champions are congregating in the chamber of the Hall." She said. Ron completely ignored her, swallowing the rest of his food and releasing a loud belch. He finally acknowledged her with a bored expression.

"Why?" He asked, immediately beginning to eat again.

"The champions' families are- stop chewing with your mouth open!" She reprimanded as he sprayed a yorkshire pudding all over the table, no longer paying her any attention after he slammed his mouth shut in annoyance.

"Thank you, professor." Draco sighed in relief, chowing down on his breakfast.

"Of course, Mister Malfoy." She replied absently, before blinking and turning towards him. "Mister Malfoy, what are you doing here?"