Goodbye

Hunters pov

"You can wipe my mind."

"very good." Belos said with a nod, dropping edric to the floor.

Edric staggered upright. "Please dont do this hunter."

"Can I talk to him one last time?" I asked.

"...Fine.." Belos said, "just make it quick. Guards?"

A  swarm of guards surrounded us. Making it impossible for either of us to try to escape. And a dozen more trapped eda in a glowing net, taking her outside."

"guess this is goodbye Edric." I said, wrapping my arms around him.

"Hunter please dont do this." Edric cried, "Id rather die. Hes going to keep hurting you."

"Better me then you." I said, putting a hand under his chin, "Go back to your family Edric. Just- forget this ever happened ok?"

"No. Im going to love you forever Hunter. Maybe we will meet again and we can go on another first date."

"I would like that edric but i dont think-"

Edric sobbed, pulling me tighter. "please shut up."

"I-" I said but i couldn't speak. I want him to know i love him too. I need him to know that i-

"Times up." Belos said, "your crying is making me sick."

I leaned foreword, trying to brush my lips on his but a guard dragged me off, wrapping thick chains around my ankles. Another threw Edric from the room. Thick golden doors slamming shut.

All guards had vanished along with Edric and Eda.  Now It was only me and Belos.

I glanced around to be sure and someone caught my eye. A single figure was standing in the corner just out of belos line of sight.

My attention turned back to the spell. Slowly but surely the red ring was lowering down over me. Its scarlet glow lighting up the room omoniously.

I squirmed, trying to break out of the chains. Eda, Luz, Edric they had done so much for me and now it was all going to disappear in seconds

I braced myself and closed my eyes.

BAM

I opened my eyes to find belos flat on the floor. Screaming with rage. A now unmasked guard stood over him, plants twisting through the air.

Was that . . . Steve?

BAM

I spun to look the other direction and gasped. Darius had burst in, abominations at the ready. Behind him guards were stuck to the walls and knocked out on the cold floor.

"Hunter are you alright?" Darius asked "I saw eda and some other nerd get dragged out, they said you had been captured."

"Darius-" I said, voice catching as relief flooded over me.

"Hurry and get him out of here!" Steves strained voice yelled, "I cant hold belos for much-"

With a flash of light steve was flung across the room. Darius waved a hand, catching him in abomination slime.

Belos, now standing upright and angrier then ever was forming the spell again, bigger this time.

"IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS-"

BAM

Belos was hit from both directions by an angry harpy woman, and an even angrier green haired boy. I watched in awe as Edric made copies of himself out of illusions, swarming and beating at the emperor so that he couldn't focus on Eda, who was ripping Belos back and arms to shreds.

"I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU" He roared, slashing though illusions making them melt into abomination goo. My stomach tightened. I swear to titan if Ed gets killed trying to save me..

Then there was raine, crouching down at my side and breaking the locks off one by one with sharp whistles.

"Can you walk?" They asked. I tried moving my legs before shaking my head. It was like they had been frozen to the ground.

Raine nodded, darius coming from behind and scooping me up.

"take him back to the owl house." Raine said, "The rest of us will be right behind you."

Darius glanced back at raine with a bit of a pout before holding me tighter and sprinting away from the action.

But it wasent over yet.

Nobody's pov

Little did hunter know that right behind him Belos was now ripping chunks of stone and metal from the floors and hurling them across the room at his multitude of attackers.

One of these pieces was headed straight for darius.

Darius had not made any sort of shield to protect himself.

With a wet thud he dropped to the floor, hunter coming down with him.

Raine ran up to them in a panic yelling and shaking darius and hunter, begging for even one of them to wake up.

With a final blow from Edric, belos mask was ripped from his face, leaving philip exposed.

With a final blow from Eda, Philip sank to the the floor. Maybe for good this time.

The group had won . . . But did they really?

__________________________________________________

I wouldent kill someone off . . . Would I?