In the darkness

Hunters pov

"Hunter huner hunter. . ." Belos crooned, "what am i going to do with you."

He seemed strangly calm. usually when i disobeyed him he would be furious, yelling and lashing out but today was differnt, and thats what terrified me.

"I could simply kill you like the others, but there isent much time before the day of unity. and im afraid there isent enough time to create another sacrifice."

I looked at him from my cage on the floor. thick chains bound my wrists and ankles making it diffucult to move.

"Why arent you saying anything Hunter?" Belos laughed, "are you scared?"

"What have you done with Eda?" I yelled, Biting back tears.

"Ahhhh yes, shes one her way to be petrified. What did you think i was going to do?"

"Let her go!" I yelled feriously. I hadent known her long but eda was like the mother i never had. "LET EDA GO!"

"How about no..." Belos said, "Hunter you are really testing me right now. GAURDS! Take him to the cells, for his own saftey. ill figure out a better plan tomarrow."

I looked at belos in horror as he waved his hand, whisking me away into the darkness.

Five minutes later i was shut in a cell. I slumped to the floor with a sigh and closed my eyes.

"I just dont think a kid should have to go in a cell overnight just because they ran away once." I heard somone say. Hey i recognised that voice. It was Steve!

"Are you questioning the Emperors desicions steve?" another voice asked sharply.

"I- No Head Terra."

"Good. Now go make sure the boy doesnt escape. Now im going to bed, i need my beauty rest after all."

"No amount of rest will make you beutiful.." I heard steve grumble.

"What was that?" Terra asked.

"Nothing Ma'am, have a good night."

A set of foot stepps retreated and another set approched my cell.

"Some people are ugly inside and out." Steve sighed, leaning against the wall in front of me.

"You dont say." I grumbled.

"How old are you kid?" Steve asked out of the blue.

"16"

"And your the golden gaurd huh?"

"yeah."

"How long have you been working for belos?" Steve asked.

"Technically my whole life- Why are you asking me stuff?"

"Sounds like child labor to me." Steve said, "And im just curious."

"Yeah ok."

"You dont seem very happy to be back in the castle, belos made it seem like you got lost."

"Belos is a moldy lying ass bitch." I grumbled.

I had never said anything like that about the emperor before, it felt- weirdly liberating.

"So you want to leave?" Steve asked.

"Duh."

"To tell you the truth kid, i want to leave too." Steve said decidely. "Lets go."

"What?"

"Comon kid." Steve said, jingling a ring of keys, "Im busting you out."

__________________________________________________________________

I love steve sm