Ch 15

Esma’s Pov

We couldn't find Adenzia.
But then I got a text from Marco telling me he found her.
Now I'm looking at her training.
Letting all of her anger she kept inside.
" The fuck you want?" She asks me not turning around.
" I just wanted to talk," I say.
She throws another punch at the punching bag 
" So talk,Nobody's stopping you"
" I'm sorry, Okay!?" I say not caring if she turns around.
" Sorry!? SORRY!? I FUCKING TRUST YOU AND YOU LIED TO ME" She yells turning around.
" I know, I was a terrible friend and sister. I lied and kept a secret from you you should have known. I disappeared for seven months and I left when we needed each other. I'M SO FUCKING SORRY" 
She throws a punch at me.
I don't dodge it, I deserve it.
She punches me until my nose and lip is bloody and I can feel the blood going down my face.
Then she falls to the ground crying.
" Why did you lie to me? Why did you leave me when we needed each other?" She cries.
I kneel beside her.
" I'm so sorry. I needed the pain to go away and I didn't need you to see how big of a fucking mess I 
Was"
She hold on to me and she continues to cry 
" I needed you. Hell I still do,You're my sister"
I hold her back " I'm sorry. I know it's getting old but I am truly sorry and I promise I won't leave you"
" I'll fuck you up if you leave me"
I laugh " so wanna train?"
" Yeah I'm still pissed at you but the past is in the past, we can't change it"
I get up and offer her a hand.
She takes my hand and then we're tired.
  We're on good terms,but I know she won't be able to get past this.
I don’t expect her to.
I but I know she doesn't want to talk about it 
She's not ready to talk about it.
" Hey, have you talked to Ryder?" Adenzia asks me.
I nod my head " Yeah and we're going to have to move the ambush forward"
She has a puzzled look on her face.
" Lucas is giving the Mafia to Ryder sooner" I explain.
" Shit,so when is This going to happen?"
I sigh " A few days,?"
" Why the rush?" She asks.
" I think because Lucas doesn't want to be in this war between the Emerald Pythons and the Lions but he wants to watch from the sidelines and watch his men be killed"
She scoffs " Bitch" 
I nod .
" We both know after Ryder becomes the new leader of the Lions he's going to stop the fund between our Mafias and we're going to be allies," Adenzia says.
" I know and I know I want Lucas dead"
" I can't believe he used to be your boss and he used to try to get with you"
I scoff.
" Nobody can get with my fine ass except Ryder.
He's the owner of my heart" 
She smiles " You know I never understood what it was like to be in love before I met Marco. But now I know. I feel like if he leaves me then my heart will be crushed and I feel like I would rather die than be without him. And I know if anyone tries to hurt him I would kill them in cold blood. Is that how you feel, Es?"
I nod " The feeling  is intense right?"
" Remember how we used to play princess with the other girls in foster care when we were younger?" She asks me.
I nod and smile " I remember how we used to hate being the damsel In distress so they made us the villain?"
" Yeah we rocked being the Villain"
" But now we got to be the heros and help our family,"
" You got your friend's team ready?" She asks me..
I nod.
"I told Becky and Akila and they said that they're ready when we are," I say.
She nods " Are they that good as everyone says they are?"
" Zia they're the best assassins in America"
She smiles " As good as John Wick?"
I laugh " As good as John Wick ,yes"
" Oh Yeah they're intimidating, "
She smirks " Are they hot?"
I smack her " Zia! You have a boyfriend,and he loves you,"
She nods " I know I'm just Fuckin around,Plus it wasn't me who wants to know. It was Selena. She said she needs to fuck someone soon or else she's gonna have cob webs"
I raise my eyebrows " Damn"
" Yeah I know. She needs to get Into a fucking relationship,or even focus on herself,"
" I haven't heard from her in a while. Is she okay? I haven't heard from Cole or Layla either hell or even Alessandro"
She laughs " They're okay. They miss you and Layla is busy with her family and Alessandro is spending the rest of his Winter break with his girlfriend because she has to go back to Italy after Christmas. Selena is busy with work but she's back in town," 
" After this shit blows over and after new years ik going on a vacation with Ryder. And then I'm coming back normal and happy"
She lets out a breath " Lucky my parents are making me go back to school and then after I finish school I'll become the leader of the Emerald Pythons"
" Are you sure?" I ask her.
She gives me a confused look " Am I sure what?"
" You want to take over the Mafia?"
She stays silent for a moment
 " Yeah" 
I raise a brow " Zia if you don't want to be the new leader then tell Lorenzo so Alessandro could be the leader instead"
" No I want to be the new leader it just seems extremely exhausting "
" Yeah. OH! Did you know that Your dad was like Cole when he was younger?"
Her eyes widened " No!" 
" Yes!"
" How?" She  asked.
" I heard Marco talking about it and He said Lorenzo was exactly like Cole"
She smiles " I wonder what happened"
I frown " huh?" 
" My dad's always so serious and he only laughs when he's around his family"
" I Mean he has to because he's one of the most powerful mafia leaders in the world,"
She nods, Understanding where I'm coming from.
" I'm worried," She confessed.
" About?"
" When we attack the Golds,"
I was about to say something but she quickly said " I can't lose anyone. I don't know how I will handle it. I only have so much people in my life and I can't bare to lose you or anyone I love"
I hug her " I know. I promise I'll never leave you again" 
I held out my pinky finger and  she smiled and chuckled as she intertwined her pinky with mine.
" I pinky promise" 
She smiles " I also promise. And we both know how it ends when someone breaks a Pinky promise"
" We'll break your pinky" We both say at the same time.
LATER 
" Ryder!" I call out as I enter my house.
He's supposed to meet me here.
" Hello Esmerelda"
I freeze. Nobody called me by my first name, it was always Esma.
And I knew that voice wasn't Ryder.