Ch 10

Esma's Pov
I wake up to the smell of chorizo eggs and potatoes and I smell warm tortillas and I smile.
Ryder's cooking? And let's hope he's not burning down the house-Erm apartment.
I sit up and I yawn while stretching.
I see Ryder in the kitchen. His hair is messy and he's wearing black sweats that show off his abs and V-line.
I get up and go to the bathroom, I go pee and brush my teeth and wrap my hair in a messy bun, I change into a pair of His boxers and a huge shirt and go to the kitchen where he's making a burrito.
" hey"
He turns and looks at me " Buenos Dias Mi Mundo" ( Good morning my world)
" Guau. Me sorprende que no hayas quemado la cocina." (Wow. I'm surprised you didn't burn down the kitchen)
He gives me a look " Cállate. Estoy tratando de hacer algo bueno por ti"
(Shut up. I'm trying to do something nice for you)
I laugh and he hands me a cup of steaming hot chocolate. I take a sip and taste the spice.
Abuelita's Hot chocolate.
" Hmmm This is so good. It tastes like childhood" I say drinking more.
" Yeah I had a dream or a memory and It was when we first moved into this apartment and We were all tired and Adenzia was craving Brunch at night and You made it after I went to the store and got everything, But We came back an hour later because Adenzia kept putting Apple juice in the cart" Ryder says while cutting the burrito in half.
I laugh " Sí, lo recuerdo" ( yes i remember) I say as I take half of the burrito and take a big bite.
Hmm the burrito is good and cheesy and spicy just how I love it.
We ate and took a shower changed and then we went over to the Petrova's Ryder called Sasha and told her he was at the gun range and he'll be there later.
I hate it. How he has to pretend he doesn't know me and that he loves her. I hate the feeling of being " The other woman" But I'm not. She's the one who took him and made him forget all about me.
Ryder must've known what I thought and He squeezed my shoulders.
" RYDER!" Adenzia shouts and hugs him.
I smile and she hugs me too, " Hey Zia" I say.
" oh my god you guys I missed you"
" Why the hell are you shouting?" I hear Alessandro say and his eyes widen when he sees Ryder.
" Jesus I should really stop doing drugs, " He says, rubbing his eyes.
" Nah,It's really me man" Ryder says to him.
His eyes widen and he walks up to Ryder and then pokes him in the face.
" Holy shit"
At this time a thin short girl comes from where Alessandro came from and She has tan skin and Black hair, Aqua blue eyes. Her eyes reminded me of a lagoon with the bluest color of water.
She was curvy and she had her hair in a messy bun.
" Holy shit what?" She asked Alessandro.
He looks at her " Wassup, I didn't do nothing I promise"
She raises an eyebrow and then looks at Ryder and I " Hi I'm Isabella Givoni, Alessandro's Girlfriend"
" Hi. I'm Esma and this is my fiance Ryder"
I motion to Ryder but then I see Alessandro Playing with his face " There's no way you're alive"
I swat Alessando's hands away and Isabella laughs and pulls Alessandro away from him.
" Maybe you should stop smoking weed?" She suggests.
He rolls his eyes " I'm not that high Occhi blu" ( Blue eyes)
" Yeah right and I'm the tooth fairy" She says as she gives him a bottle of water which she had in her hands.
"But-" Alessandro starts to protest but then Isabella gives him a look and says " Drink"
He shuts up and drinks.
After explaining literally everything to Alessandro he looks like he's gonna pass out.
" Hey guys" Layla says coming down the stairs wearing Jeans and a crop top.
I smile and Wave " Hey girl how Ya been?"
" Tired and Hungry, You?"
" Same except the Hungry part"
" Man that worked out burned me out and Zia thank you for the clothes" Layla says.
" Dude I can't even think about working out I just ate and I look 9 months pregnant"
" Eh Maybe 3 give or take" Ryder Jokes.
I slap his arm " Shush"
" You said it and I just finished it"
I roll my eyes at him and He chuckles.
" So Esma whats the plan for taking down the Gold's?" Adenzia asked.
I shot Marco a look, I thought he told her already?
'I guess not.
" Imma beat your ass Marco i told you to tell her the plan" I say to him.
He backs behind Adenzia and whispers " Protect me from the crazy Latina"
Adenzia slowly turns her head towards him and says " don't touch my shirt. My dad just got me this shirt from Gucci"
" Why the fuck would people buy name brand clothes and get mad if they get dirty?" I ask.
She shrugs " I dunno but it's gucci and I can sing i'm a rich girl"
" but you are rich"
" So are you?" She states.
" Yeah but you were rich before me though" I argue.
" Bro, I want some snacks," I hear Alessandro say.
" Go get some," Isabella says to him.
" Can you?" he asks like a four year old.
" Bitch I aint your mama"
" Rude," He says.
" I'm just saying, '' But for your mom I'll do anything for her" She says.
" Do you like her more than me?"
" I mean-"
Alessandro just gasps dramatically. " Fine I'm going to turn Emo Like Romeo in the start of Romeo and Juliet"
" Shush"
" Offended" He says as he leaves to go get snacks.
" What the fuck man?" I say.
" What?" Layla asked me confused.
" Is this how highschool relationships are?"
" Bitch that's how you and Ryder were," Adenzia says.
' Shut the hell up but to answer your question the Emerald Pythons won't be joining the mission I have.'
" Why?" She asks and I see Laya staring at me like I've lost my mind.
" because I don't want anyone to get hurt, Plus i already got a team set up"
Ryder looks at me confused, Then I remember I forgot to tell him about the team.
" It's one of our friends' Assassin Group and they have the most dangerous and deadly trained assassins in the world. I called in a favor and Since I already know them personally they'll go through with it willingly."
"Who?" Layla asked me.
" Remember Akila,Becky,Hunter,Jaxon,Leia and Anastasia?" I ask her.
Her eyes go wide " The most dangerous group of assassins,Formed together into one team"
I nod " Yep, I'm good friends with them so i asked for help and they're going to help with this mission"
" How?" Adenzia asked.
" Ryder told me theres about 55 Lion members who are going to be there for the ceremony for Ryder to become the next leader, So that brings them and they're going to kill them and then I'm going to Kill Lucas and Sasha, And I know Jenny will be there and you'll be able to beat that bitches ass and most likely kill her" I explain.
I turn to Layla " I also need you and Cole's hacking help"
" On one condition"
I raise an eyebrow.
" I want to meet Leia Gray," She says, crossing her arms.
" Really? That's it?"
She nods " Yep, She's one of the worlds smartest Hackers and I want to learn some tips from her"
" Aren't you going to leave the mafia lifestyle?" Adenzia asked.
She nodded again " yep, But I'm going to leave once Cole takes over His fathers business"
I nod " Yeah he told me about it and If you ever need any help killing someone lemme know,Kay?"
She laughs and nods " Okay crazy"
We laughed and we all hung out and then eventually Ryder had to leave.
I was sad,But it's only for a week until my plan falls into action.
Adenzia told me Selena is coming back in a few days and she wants to help beat some ass.
She had a job in Brazil and she loves it there.
Now Adenzia is answering the door and Sophia, Marco and I are in the kitchen.
Alessandro and Isabella are upstairs watching movies and Cole came by an hour ago to pick up Layla. It's a shame, I wanted more girl time.
Sophia fidgets and stays quiet " You okay?" Marco asks her.
She shakes her head " No, I can't keep this secret from my daughter no more, She deserves to know-"
" I know, I feel like shit for keeping it from her but Now's not the right time"
She sighs and Cole says " I agree with Marco but What are we supposed to say? Hey Adenzia sorry you lost your baby-Yep that's right you were pregnant and when you were shot you lost the baby- '' Cole says quietly but then he's interrupted by glass breaking.
We all turn and the blood drains from my face.
Adenzia is Still, She dropped a clear glass bowl or some shit like it and her hands are shaking.
" What?" She finally says.
" Amor- '' Marco says but she stops him.
" What did you just say, Cole?"
Cole stays silent, He's staring at the ground.
" COLE!" She shouts
Nobody says anything
" Somebody please tell me what he's talking about?" She pleads and I see tears threatening to come down her face.
I feel a pang in my chest.
She turns to me " Esma? Please tell me, You're my sister and You know I don't lie liars or secrets"
A tear escapes my eye and I bite my lip to keep it from quivering.
" I'm so sorry,But I can't tell you"
Anger is in her face now along with sadness and confusion.
" YOU CAN'T OR WON'T?" She demands.
" I can't- It's not my business to say anything"
At that she turns to Marco.
" Tell me the truth. NOW!. Was I pregnant?"
He stays silent for a moment " Zia-"
" WAS I!?"
" Yes" He says so quietly you couldn't hear him.
Her eyes widen and she's looking from Her mom, To Cole , to Marco and Finally to me.
" You all lied and kept this from me?" her voice cracks.
" Adenzia- '' I started but she interrupted me.
" Fuck you." She turns to Cole and Marco and Flips then off and shouts " FUCK YOU TOO"
She turns to her mom and stays silent then Leaves.
Sophia starts to go after but I stop her.
" No. She needs to be alone, If this happened to us I know we'll want to be alone"
As much as this hurts me I know It's hurting her more.
Fuck. I start crying, I know Adenzia is a forgiving person but She won't forgive me for this.
I wouldn't either, I'm her sister,Not by blood but by choice. I've known her since I was six. She helped me no matter what the consequence was.
I know I just lost my sister