Say Yes to the Dress

* Layla's POV*
"Layla, honey? Did you have a good nap?" Mommy whispers. I yawn and rub my eyes.
"Mmmhhhm."
"Awe, I'm so glad. You are just too cute when you're sleeping," Mommy cuddles me in her arms and kisses my forehead. "Do you know how much your Mommy loves you?"
"Uhm... not nearly as much as I love my Mommy!" I say. Mommy chuckles.
"Okay, you... back to Business. We've got to get started on wedding plans. Have you thought about a date?"
"Uhhh.. no ma'am. I don't know. When do you wanna do it?"
"Well, love... I'm not so sure. Do you want to do it this year? It's not much time to plan, but we can get it done, if you want"
I think for a moment.
"Uhm.. would you wanna do a Christmas wedding?"
Mommy gasps. "Oh, that's a lovely idea, honey! You are my little Christmas gift! Every single day of the year."
"Mommy , everyday is Christmas with you."
"Oh, my precious... i love you so much! We shall have a Christmas wedding, then!"

*Jess's POV*
Layla and I decide to go dress shopping on Wednesday. Even though we go together, our dress reveals will still be a surprise on the wedding day.

"Mommy, I scared. I not know what to look for. I'm all chunky, and I don't even know what size I am. I just wanna look pwetty for you... I be Mommy's pwetty princess," Layla says as we get into the Jeep.
"Oh, sweetie. You could marry me in a paper bag and you'd still look beautiful! We don't have to pick one out at this specific shop , sunshine. We can go as many places as we need. Not to worry, my love. They have people there that will make sure you get exactly what you need. Everything will be okay.
"But Mommy... can I , uh... can we ask Hadleigh to go with us? I... I just can't do this alone..."
"Well, sure sweetie. I think your little friend would love to go! Why don't you call her really quick?"

*Layla's POV*
"Hello? Hadleigh? This is Layla... uhm... I gotta question. I know we just met and all... but uh... do you think you could come help me pick out a wedding dress?"
"Hell yeah, Layla! That would be dope!"
"Okie. Can me and Mommy come pick you up now?"
"Sure girl. Come on by!"

We pick up Hadleigh and head to the dress shop.
"So uh, Layla, you doing okay?" She asks.
"Yeah... I'm fine! I weally excited to come sees you on Saturday."
"Dope! So dope. Thanks for picking me up, Ms. Jessica"
"Awe, it's no problem. Do you girls maybe want to go play at the park and pick up something to eat?"
"Sure, Mommy. As long as I can get my nap in today," I say.

* Jess's POV*
We pull up to the dress shop, and Layla's appointment is first.
"Okay, girls. Come and find me when you're ready. I'm going to go shop around and browse the other stores. Be good, okay?"
"Don't worry, Ms. Jess! I'll take good care of baby Layla!" Hadleigh shouts. She's kinda quirky, but I think she's good for Layla. I give my baby girl a kiss, and I let her go to the shop.

* Layla's POV*
"Dude! You look like a total princess!" Hadleigh says.
"Ugh. I look so chunky!" I whine.
"No, Layla! For reals. You look awesome!"
I look at myself in the mirror. I don't love it. My boobs sag, you can totally see my big belly, and it's just not flattering at all.
"I think I wanna try on a different one," I say.
"Here, try this one," Hadleigh says. She holds up an incredibly gorgeous Cinderella ball gown. The kind of gown I always pictured myself getting married in. It is a beautiful dress. But it's also strapless. Seeing as I have linebacker shoulders, I didn't think it would be for me.
"Had, I so can't do strapless. My boobs are way too big, I've got arm fat, and my shoulders ... ugh. I can't pull this off! There's no way!"
"LJ... humor me. Try it on."
I sigh and listen to what she says. Love the nickname she's given me. When I step in front of the mirror, both mine and Hadleigh's jaws drop.
"I... I... wow," I stutter.
"Layla... dude... that's... that's fucking gorgeous! Oh my god! You have to get this. This is the one!"

Even I am shocked that just the second dress I tried on was so perfect. There really is that moment when you realize you've found the "one".

*Jess's POV*
It takes me about 5 times before I find a dress. And when I do, all I wanna do is show Layla.

It highlights my curves just right, and I feel beautiful

December 3. That is the date that we decided. It is a Saturday. At 2:00. In just 2.5 months, my little girl is going to be my wife.