Chapter 8

Chapter

8

"Red*

*Sherri*

All I saw was red. The guard...the one who held so much information of the man in the garden, locked up.

"Z-Zell?" I remembered, mumbled behind his hold on my possibly swollen lips now.

He nodded slowly and pulled me so fast, we were no longer near the trailer. I knew my brother would lose his shit if he knew he'd lost me and he'd have to answer to a huge ancient vampire.

"Look, we can't---" I was hushed once more with his thick finger against my lips.

"Master...told me, to watch." He whispered. "Someone has followed you here."

I thought. "N-No...we were alone." I told him but he didn't listen, his thoughts were with him as his eyes darted from here to there, looking around.

"Zell" I tried to speak once more and he pushed me against a tree. Too hard, I might add. The sting went up my back as he looked down into my eyes. I felt like I was being disloyal...this wasn't right.

Ave would kill him and I didn't want him to think it was okay to do so. There was two people rushing by, ones I'd never seen before but then again, Id have, hanging around Farrah.

"Abram's boys" He whispered.

I just pressed my head against his hard chest. I didn't see anything wrong with it but I was scared and this dude was big, enough to cover my short ass.

"Zellus!" I heard Ave's voice and something rushed completely over. The rustling of the forest leaves gave up its mystery as he appeared.

I gasped but not as much as the screw on Ave's face as he witnessed us. He groaned, leaning forward and ordered Zell to go after the two.

"Kill them" He ordered.

Zell nodded and took off up a tree. I could see him but then no more only minutes later I could hear dreadful screams of death.

I clenched Ave's shirt and pulled myself into his beautiful essence.

"Let's go." He lifted me and began to run as though I weighed nothing.

When we returned I noticed my brother was gone. "Where did he go?" I asked Ave without even considering the shit that just happened.

"Gone" He mumbled thumbing through his phone, leaned against his nice car.

I sat there a minute before running my fingers through my hair.

"What's the problem?" anything but now...he was going to get it if my brother was harmed.

"We have to go," He grabbed my arm and I jerked it away.

"I'm tired of everyone telling me what to do and disappearing!? What the fuck was that and why were your brother's guys trying to hurt me!?"

"We don't have time for this." He argued, softly.

"I'm not getting in a car, a truck and damn hotel or house until someone tells me what the fuck is going on! I'm not a child, I'm a grown ass woman who's been very understanding so please!!!"

"Your brother is dead."

I felt my heart drop and my knees gave out. I felt like someone was punching me in the gut over and over again and the first thing I wanted to do was get in that stinking, kerosene infested trailer, the one I wanted to get out of so bad.

I found myself crawling fast, fast but the ground was too wet to hold me and I would occasionally slip.

"Baby," Ave, tried to pick me up but I fought him but the fuck was too strong.