1.5 (Part 1)

"Ezra you don't have to go if you don't want to

"Ezra you don't have to go if you don't want to." Natalia rubs my back soothing me.

"He's no good; how dare he do that to you. What gives him the right to sexually assault you, and then on top of that threaten you. I should beat his ass." Kourtney slams her fist on the counter just a few feet from me.

"We have to think of a solution, we can't just let her fend for herself" I looked at Sofia, and I didn't want to burden them with my troubles. I already felt like shit, and I couldn't let Luca ruin their lives too. Sofia, Kourtney, and Natalia grew silent. The silence spoke more volumes even if we didn't voice our inner thoughts.

"I will handle this. I don't want to drag anyone into this. I never thought in a million years I would be in this situation." I'm scared, even with their support I still felt alone.

"Ezra, you don't have to do this alone. Fuck him and everything he stands for." Kourtney sits on the couch next to me. I wanted to laugh, but I felt broken, and I couldn't even bring myself to muffle out anything.

"Can you pass me the laptop?" I asked Sofia who was typing something. She pauses what she's doing and stares at me.

"Why?" All of them asked.

"I'm going to book a flight home. I have been fighting since I started working for him; I desired to be seen so badly, that I allowed myself to become victimized. I don't want to always live like this. I know you don't want me to go, and I don't want to leave-"

"We can figure this out." Kourtney looked determined, but what could she truly do?

"I agree," Natalie said. I nodded because I heard them, but we all knew I couldn't stay. Sofia handed me the laptop.

"Listen, it's been a long time coming. I love all of you, and I would never want to just get up and leave. What happens when I run completely out of money? I don't expect ya'll to want to pick up my slack."

"But we would." Sofia stands from her seat and starts pacing.

"Yeah! It's not like we would send you out on the streets and make you fend for yourself." Kourtney's loud voice booms through the living room.

"So that's the plan? To take care of me. He has blacklisted my name. I couldn't even work at a local McDonald's. Luca has connections in high places; I can't even get proper charges on him without being dismissed. We are foreigners, we are nothing to these people. They don't care if we were murdered in the streets. My words especially against him meant nothing." I hated how true my words were but living in this country has taught me I was much safer in my own backyard because at least then I would get justice.