1.2

"Where to sir

"Where to sir." The driver asked while he looked into the rear-view mirror. We made eye contact for a brief moment before I decided to look outside the window. Silence only lasted so long before I heard Mr. Shin inform his driver that we were headed to his penthouse.

"That won't be necessary; you can drop me off right here." Mr. Shin began to slide closer to me. I could feel his body heat. I turned toward him, letting him know I didn't fear him. "Move away from me." He didn't say anything; just looked into my eyes.

"My penthouse" Mr. Shin repeated; I could smell the mint on his breath as he dared me to argue with him. He slowly moves back to where he was seated originally. The look we gave each other could only be explained how we felt for each other. Here was a man who not only was breaking every rule of professionalization but moral understanding. The driver continued to drive in uncomfortable silence. "When you started working for me; I knew you were going to be an asset to my company. I never intended to put you in a position where you wouldn't be able to grow and felt the work you do wasn't enough or was overlooked."

"And yet I was." I placed my hands in my lap and leaned back into my seat as the driver merged onto the highway. "I am tired of being tired Mr. Shin; I want what's best for me, and my future. I can't compete with your woman, and I'm not trying to. I just want to be seen. You know as well as I know that I am overqualified." He was having a battle within himself. Of what? I do not know.

"I can't let you leave?" Mr. Shin finally spoke out. " I don't know when our relationship started to sour, but I can't and won't allow you to leave." This didn't feel right. His words not only scared me, but they also made me feel unsafe.

"Do you hear yourself? You sound crazy, and honestly, it's not about what you want for my future, but what I want and need for mine." I crossed my arms. I needed to flee. Once the driver took the exit to get off the highway I knew it was now or never. "Pull this car over, Now!" I demanded. However, I was ignored.

"Ezra!." He held his fist in the air and clenched it heavily. "I just want to talk. We can go to a cafe if you want, but I prefer my penthouse because it gives us privacy." Something about going to his penthouse was odd to me. I didn't desire to step foot in a place where my soon-to-be ex-boss lived. I weighed my options and if this could get me away from him faster then I would do it.

"Fine. We can talk at your place, but as soon as you get out whatever you need to say I want to be taken back to the office; so I can get my things and leave." Mr. Shin nods his head listening to only half of what I said. Rolling my eyes I look at the busy city in front of me and smile sadly remembering the first time I had ever come here. I was alone, new, and full of uncertainty. I didn't even know or think about how long I would be away from my family. I haven't seen them in two solid years. I spoke to my mother and brother every day but that was only through phone calls. I missed their touch; their presence. Maybe I should go home, regroup, and start over. Working for Mr. Shin has taken a toll on me, and I didn't think I could take it anymore.