Twenty-Nine-Walking on a dream

Twenty-Nine 

Walking on a Dream

I decided that it would be best to try to get some kind of vision out of Mr. Carlson, but the only problem was through touch. Touch seemed to be the only way to get a vision to come on. I could hug him but it would be kind of weird. I just had to take a chance at the right moment.

"So how was it with you and Ian?" I asked Alex. We laid sprawled out on her bed listening to Indie rock music.

"It was great. He was everything I thought he would be and more. We plan on seeing each other over the summer when I go abroad."

"That's awesome."

"So what's the scoop on you and ghost boy? Are you two getting any closer to finding out the truth?"

"Kind of. We finally got to the vision of Annie right before she was shot but it was blurry so we couldn't see who held the gun at her."

"Do you have any idea who it might've been?"

I wasn't going to tell her that we thought it might be her father. As much as I wanted to tell Alex the truth, I knew it would not go over well. 

"We're thinking the mob boss, Bruno that I told you about but we need more intel. Is your dad home by chance? Maybe he can tell me about Tyler's whereabouts leading up to that night."

"Yeah he should be in his office but I doubt you'll get much out of him. He doesn't like to talk about his high school days. Believe me I've tried."

"Maybe he'll open up to me about it."

"Good luck."

I went down the hallway to his office which was cracked. I knocked softly on the door.

"Come in," he answered.

I opened the door to see that he was deep into his paperwork.

"Hi Mr. Carlson...I mean Donovan. I'm sorry to bother you. Is this a bad time?"

"Oh no, I was just doing some light reading."

"You call that light reading?"

"You should have seen my desk earlier today but go on."

"I was doing some research on the murder suicide that happened back in '89. You said you knew the girl who was murdered right?"

"Yes I did. She was a good friend of mines."

Bingo, I thought.

"I'm so sorry," I said brushing my hand on his shoulder which triggered a vision.

We were in a young Donovan's car.

"Thanks for picking me up Donovan."

"Its no problem, Annie."

"Do you have any gum?" Annie said opening the glove compartment.

"Hey wait..." He shrieked but it was too late. Annie saw the gun in the glove compartment.

"What are you doing with a gun Donovan?"

"It's my father's but he wanted me to have it to stay protected. You're never too safe in Beverly Hills."

"Beverly Hills seems like the least crime filled place in the world."

"Well it's not. People like your buddy Tyler hit up our end all the time."

"Tyler's not a thug."

"He's a drug dealer. That's the definition of a thug to me."

"He's not the one who owns a gun."

"How can you be a drug dealer without a gun?"

"I don't know but he doesn't own one."

"That you know of."

"He would have told me if he had one."

"So you think."

"So I know."

"You can let me out here and be careful with that." She (I) closed the glove compartment.

"Wait," he said taking his hands and putting them in the back of my head making me come into him. He started kissing me. I tried to fight him off but his strength was much superior to mines.

When he finally let go, I slapped him. "What the hell was that Donovan?"

"I'm sorry but you know as well as I do that Tyler's wrong for you."

"No, you are." I said starting to get out of the car.

"But this is a few blocks away from your house."

"I'd rather walk the rest of the way," I said slamming the door.

"Fine, suit yourself."

She (I) took off towards my house.

The vision ended as I heard my name being called. "Anya, Anya are you okay?"

"Sorry Donovan, I zoned out again."

"You do that quite a lot."

"What can I say, I'm a bit of a spazz."

"Oh I don't believe that for a second. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders."

"Well what I wanted to know was did you see her the day it happened."

"You mean the day she was killed?"

"Yes."

"I saw her earlier that day. I drove her home. Well almost home. She didn't want me to drive her all the way home for some strange reason. I should have known something was up and drove her all the way home. Perhaps I could have prevented what happened that night."

"And you're sure you didn't see her that night?"

"No but I wish I had. Don't tell Alex or her mother for that matter but I sometimes feel like she was the one that got away."

I went back to the room feeling more lost than before. Donovan had a gun but Tyler didn't but Donovan looked sincere when he said he hadn't seen her that night and I wanted to believe his words, but something wasn't adding up.

"So did you find out anything?"

"Not really."

"Oh Izzi told me you're bringing Tyler to my party. How are you guys going to swing that exactly?"

I told her about my mother walking in on us and how he had to materialize for her the following day.

"Whoa that's freaking cool. Not the your mom walked in on you guys part but just the fact that he can finally be solid. I finally get to meet him."

"Yeah if everything goes well that is."