Ten-Icky Nicky

Ten

Icky Nicky

Now I know what you all are thinking and I'm here to tell you I have no feelings whatsoever for ghost boy. He may be a good kisser...okay maybe a great kisser, but whatever this is...is just an experiment more than likely all in my head.

And even if this was real, it's just harmless kissing, nothing more. Many think kissing is such a big deal, but I think it's just two mouths coming together to entertain their hormones. It's simply chemicals reacting. I didn't pay much attention in human anatomy but one of the takeaways I got from the class is that our lips have more nerve endings than any other part of our bodies so it's only natural that we would feel exhilaration from the act (well that is if the kiss is a nice one).

When I was in the seventh grade, I got my first kiss over with because I didn't want it to mean anything. Nicky Granger was the boy of choice moreso because he was the only boy who didn't think I was a freak and actually talked to me. If it hadn't been for his dirty habit of picking in his nose and wiping the evidence onto his shirt up until the sixth grade, he would have been quite a catch. For a nerd, he was cute and if it wasn't for the fact that everyone gave him the nickname icky Nicky, he might've been even popular.

This was one of the few times I took part in a social event and mostly because my mother's boyfriend at the time wanted me to make friends with his daughter's friends, so I was forced to go to a party with her.

During the game seven minutes in heaven, someone kicked the bottle to Nicky when it was my go round.

"We don't have to kiss if you don't want to," he said, giving me a half-smile.

I felt bad for the kid. We were both outsiders and as soon as my mom dumped the new guy she was with, he would be the only one at Nelson Middle School.

"I want to," I said, putting my arms around his neck.

We moved closer until we were inches apart.

"Okay on the count of three?" He asked looking at me tentatively.

"Yeah sure."

"Okay, one, two, three."

Our lips collided nicely into one another and I felt a bit of giddiness jolt through my body for icky Nicky was actually not bad. For a moment I thought this would change the way I viewed love and kissing until he did the most disgusting thing to make me never want to kiss again...well that was until Tyler.

When we stopped, he looked longingly at me and I felt myself looking back at him just as wistfully. Then he made a grimace and put his hand to his mouth.

"Nicky, what's wrong?"

Before he could answer or I could move back, everything he had eaten earlier at the party---a chilli dog, coleslaw, funyuns, and ice cream all came hurling at my Phineas and Ferb shirt and slid down onto my shoes.