Four-Rules were meant to be broken

Four

Rules were meant to be broken

Despite my rules being broken, the rest of the day seemed to be going off without a hitch.

Izzi turned out to be really cool and loved Everclear just as much as I did. Alex introduced me to her during our third period class which was AP Chemistry. Everyone was three to a table except for Izzi and Alex so conveniently I became their third partner.

"I hope you're as good with chemicals as you are with mixing drinks. Alex here told me you made a homemade zombie."

"Yeah this party I went to only had two different kinds of rum so I had to improvise with a bottle of gin my mom forgot about once I got home."

"Nice! So, I take it you're a pro drinker then?" She inquired with eyebrows raised while simultaneously holding two empty test tubes she took from the rack and made drinking gestures with them as if they were shot glasses for emphasis.  

"I wouldn't say I'm a pro." I shrugged. Crashing in on a party on the upper east side of NYC definitely confirmed that. The parties were as lavish and scandalous as they appeared to be on Gossip Girl if not more so. That's how I obtained my secret stash. 

"I mean to know how to make a zombie and take it down in one go, that sounds like pro shit to me."

I just giggled, thinking to myself if only she knew how many drinks I had learned to concoct over the past few years while my mom worked nights at the hospital as an RN. 

"Ladies is there something you would like to share with the class?" Mr. Fritz, our AP Chem teacher asked us, giving us a grim look. If his face got any grimmer, I was afraid his toupee would fall right off.

We all tried to hold in the laughter as the toupee began to slip and he caught it with his hand. The whole class started to chuckle a bit at that. 

"No, Mr. Fritz." Izzi answered, trying hard to hold back her laughter.

"Well then zip it, I have a lecture to continue here."

"You or your toupee?" Izzi remarked under her breath.

"What was that Miss Ryan?"

"I said yes, Mr. Fritz, carry away." Izzi uttered and looked at us with a big smirk making us all snicker.

We allowed Mr. Fritz to continue discussing why ionic compounds dissolved in water while we texted away about our favorite drinks, our favorite movies, and who was the hottest people in the school as well as who to avoid. I never really had a strong interest in chemistry like I did physics (even though they're closely related) so I was glad to have a distraction. 

I couldn't believe though how social I was being. Anya just a day ago barely checked her emails let alone texted someone of her age or anyone for that matter besides her mom and now look at me go. I had managed to crumble years of my skills in hermitry and do a complete 180 in a matter of one day.