thirty-one.

31

31. LIKE A GLASS FIGURE
SLAMMED AGAINST CONCRETE

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of self-harm and suicide

WERE THINGS BETTER now that Thea was at Hogwarts— No longer at home? She didn't know. She was barely ever alone anymore, and she thinks that helped— But still, there were moments. Moments where Eva was with Tommy, Poppy was with Micah, and Noelia was with Sonali (Even thought she lied to her friends and said she wasn't— They all knew, but they weren't going to force her to come out.) Those were moments where Thea was alone. She would force herself to stand in front of the mirror and actually try to look at herself. And when she did, she was disgusted by what she saw.

And then she would spiral— Her mind would spiral quickly and become foggy, and soon enough, Thea was locked away in the bathroom of the dorm, taking a razor to her wrist. It seemed as though as soon as the metal scrapped against her skin, everything was fine again. Things were clear. She deserved thisThis pain.

Then Thea would wrap her wrists, clean up her mess, slip on a long-sleeve, and sit in her bed. She would wait for the others to come back into her room as if nothing happened.

And that's exactly what she did before the Gryffindor party today. Eva was already in the library with Tommy, and Thea, Poppy, and Noelia were getting ready for the party in their dorm. As soon as Thea stood in front of the mirror, staring at her reflection, everything fell apart. She fell apart. She told her roommates that she was going to shower, grabbed her clothes for the party, and went into the bathroom— Repeating the process all over again.

Now the de Oro girl stood in the Gryffindor common room, leaning against the wall as she played with the long sleeves of her shirt. New bandages decorated her wrists, but you couldn't see them, of course. Thea watched as her brothers (Except Tommy) and her friends (Except Eva) mingled and smiled in the dimly lit common room. Thea bit her lip, feeling her eyes sting a bit as her mind screamed at her.

It was getting worse.

She was getting worse.

She knew she should talk to someone, and she wanted to— But the one person she was comfortable talking about this with, wanted nothing to do with her.

Since the beginning of the year, Cedric had been avoiding Thea like the plague. He would speak to her, but he wasn't engaged. It's like he wasn't even there. The girl had thought long and hard about what she could have possibly done to make the Diggory boy act like this. Then, Thea came to the conclusion that it was just her. He was disgusted with her too.

But apart of Thea's heart didn't believe that, and that same part of her heart was yelling at her right now to walk up to Cedric and talk to him. And Thea being Thea, her heart always wins. She took a deep breath before walking over to Cedric, who was getting a drink from the refreshments table. He turned to the girl, his eyes wide, "Thea."