five.

05

05. STUDY SESSIONS &
GHOST CLASSES

HISTORY OF MAGIC WAS unlike any other class Thea and her brothers had ever taken. For starters, they were learning the history of magic, something you definitely wouldn't learn in normal school. Second, the class was taught by a literal ghost. Mr. Cuthbert Binns, sorry, Professor Cuthbert Binns.

The class was in classroom 4F, a large room with a chalk board at the front of it. Binns's desk was near it and at the sides of the classroom were large bookshelf's with books on the history of magic and the wizard world. The rest of the room was taken up by small desks, seated for one student. Thea thought that was pretty boring, knowing it was a tactic to try to keep students from talking to each other. Still, her desk was in between Noelia and Tobi, in the third row. Next to Tobi was Teo. Tommy and Eva sat in the front row, and Cedric was in front of Tobi in the second row.

Like Noelia guessed, the girl's head was in her hands as she tried to keep her eyes open. Thea couldn't blame her, she was having a hard time paying attention. It seemed like everyone in the class was, except Tommy, Eva, and the three Ravenclaws that sat in the first row of desks as well. Tommy and Eva were anxiously taking notes, clinging on to every word that Binns was rambling about. Thea didn't get how they were so awake, Binns' style to teaching wasn't hard to figure out. Just lectures, lectures, and more lectures. He didn't write on the chalk board at all, Thea wasn't sure why it was honestly there when all Binns did was talk.

A blank piece of parchment sat in front of Thea, a parchment she was supposed to be taking notes on. But it seems like everyone in the class was doing everything to their parchment besides taking notes. Tobi and Teo were using magic to play a game of Tic-Tac-Toe on theirs, Noelia's parchment was now a pillow. Thea glanced at Cedric, who's quill was actually touching the parchment, but not to take notes. A smile rose to Thea's face as she saw Cedric drawing small drawings and doodles across the paper.

"Dang it." Thea heard Tobi whisper and she looked at him. She saw three Xs in a row on his parchment, meaning Teo had won. The oldest quadruplet glanced at them, sticking in his tongue at Tobi. Thea laughed softly, covering her mouth to stop her giggles. Cedric turned around in his seat, smiling at her with a questioning look.

"I just kicked Tobi's butt in Tic-Tac-Toe." Teo whispered to Cedric.

"Tic-Tac-Toe?" Cedric questioned in a mumble.

"God, Diggory, you're missing out." Tobi smirked. "Raised in the wizard world, doesn't get to play Tic-Tac-Toe."

"Mr. de Oro, is there something a little bit more interesting you would like to add to the discussion?" Binns spoke up louder. Teo, Tommy, and Tobi all looking at him. "Mr. Tobias de Oro."

"Go ahead, Tobias." Thea mumbled and she could hear Teo snicker while Tobi rolled his eyes.

"Um, no, Professor." Tobi shook his head, the boy being speechless for once in his life.