Chapter 32

Valentino Moretti

Keeping my head faced towards the screen, I eye Isabella from my peripheral vision.

She was looking forward, yet I could tell her mind was somewhere else. Somewhere which I hoped was regarding me.

The secret I just revealed was half of it. I was attracted to her, yes, but there was something else.

And that something else was constantly clawing at my chest, whether she was in my presence or not. And I hated every part of it.

I didn't like it. I didn't need her in my life as a distraction, or even a possible weakness.

No. I had to stop this before it forms into a big problem for me.

Attraction. That's all there is to it.

Perhaps I can just fuck it out of her. Only solution I can think of.

Sighing, I stand up from the seat, her eyes moving quickly to me followed by theirs.

"I've got some work to do" I mutter, my eyes connecting with hers before I turn around and walk out.

"I told you he never watches movies with us" I hear Lorenzo mumble, making me roll my eyes.

Quite frankly, it's true. I'm always busy with paperwork regarding my shipments or other work, hence why I never join them.

Tonight I only agreed because of the addicting presence of a particular brunette. Her presence was like a drug - each time I was near her, I was getting a dose, and right now I think I'm having an overdose after spending a day alone with her.

Walking past my men who were nodding in respect, I enter my room, walking straight to the balcony and staring into the night.

I take out a cigarette before searching for my zippo lighter.

Frustration grew within me, until I heard the metal click from behind me.

I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. I could already feel her.

Another metal click, and the tension increased. So did the corners of my mouth, before I straightened my lips and turned around.

Her head was tilted, her green eyes full of mischief, before they lit orange with the colour of the flame before her.

"You left this downstairs" she says, stating the obvious for a different reason.

To relieve the tension? Well it didn't fucking work.

"Correction, I forgot it" I say stepping forward and reaching for it.

Humour spreads through me as she pulls her hand away before I could retrieve it, "Not so fast"

"What game is this?" I ask, making her shake her head.

"No, Valentino. What game are you playing? You don't just get to confess what you did downstairs, and then brush it off like it was nothing" she states.

"It was nothing" I respond, not wanting to dwell on it further.

I shouldn't have said anything, it was a mistake. But this woman was becoming a reoccurring distraction.

"Nothing? You saying you're atrracted to me is nothing?" She says agitated, making me shrug my shoulder with a smirk.

"Si"

I step towards her, the smirk still on my face, "Don't take what I said the wrong way. It's true that I am attracted to you, but I'm attracted to many girls," I laugh, before leaning in and whispering in her ear, "all it means is that I want to fuck you, Bella, just like any other girl"