23. Responsibility and Attraction

🍎

"Just so you know, we don't like you"

Melora hums. She keeps her eyes forwards, seeing the back of Saint as he rides before everybody else. Their pace is much slower than before, as they are suddenly in quite a dangerous situation.

"Seiran- I mean princess Seiran is my girlfriend, we've been together for four months now- so none of us like you"

Melora hums again, acknowledging the vampire who is pretending to be fine despite being stressed out and troubled. Their thoughts are still on yesterday evening's happenings, what they did to her, and what they said. What she said to them must also be on their minds. And even though Melora never truly said that she thought they liked her, it must've been implied. The vampires have now both approached her, first Seiran a few hours ago, and now Astra, both trying to convince her of the same thing. They don't like her, they still consider her their prisoner, and that although she knows about their relationship now, it should be kept a secret and they will only love each other to the end of time. Melora never said anything against it. But every time she hums, they don't seem to be convinced.

"Sure"

She decides to add a word this time, to really make it sink in. Melora isn't interested in any of them and honestly she doesn't care if they are dating. The only difference it makes is the weakness that she's going to use against them, at one point or another. For now, their relationship is irrelevant to her, and whether they like her or not is none of her concern. She doesn't, so who cares. But no matter how many times she tries to dismiss them, tries to acknowledge them or agree with them, the vampires aren't convinced that she believes them. Seiran gave up after a whole fifteen minutes of trying to talk to her about what happened yesterday, and sent Astra after her. How Astra has been with her for a whole twenty minutes, their horses travelling next to each other as they speak. Melora is more than tired of this, and frankly quite embarrassed too. Why are they being so persistent about this? Is she really not convincing enough? Does she look like she's bothered by this?

Melora isn't quite sure anymore. An hour ago she was convinced that she had no weird feelings about them, and that they probably didn't have any weird feelings about her. But now, thirty five minutes and a whole lot of talking later, the spring witch is starting to doubt herself too. Maybe she does look upset about their relationship, or bothered by what happened yesterday? It's not like there's a mirror here, she can't see what expression she's making. Perhaps they have mistaken her annoyance and embarrassment over this specific situation to be the same emotions over yesterday's situation. In either way, things are now weird for the three of them, and frankly for the whole group. Nobody has really spoken since yesterday evening, and it's already afternoon. Nobody except for the two desperate vampires.

"I just need to you to understand that-"

"Can you guys be quiet back there?"

Saint finally snaps at Astra, after being tortured with this useless talk by both her and his sister. Saint has been annoyed since Vallin and Hilda joined them, even though he should've been happy about it. Melora knows that it's because Adar has been getting closer to both Hilda and Vallin, but especially because he got closer to Vallin. It's making the vampire unnecessarily jealous, even though he doesn't have any right to be. It's not like the two of them are dating. So in that sense, Saint has no right to shut Astra up either. All three vampires are in the same soup right now, with the exact same emotions, all three of them being in the wrong. Melora wishes that she could just hit them straight away, right to the back of their heads, or at least shout at them. But sadly she's still their prisoner to some extent, and hitting them or yelling at them would probably bring her more trouble than satisfaction.