"Would you shut up? It's your fault we're in the situation in the first place." I say.

"Go on. Give it a try." Stefan encourages, Vickie slowly takes a sip.

"She's new. She need's people blood. She can't sustain in that stuff." Damon says.

"Yeah, why can't I have people blood?" Vickie ask's stubbornly.

"Because it's wrong to prey on innocent people, Vickie." Stefan scolds. Look who's talking.

"You don't have to kill to feed. Just find someone really tasty and then erase their memory afterwards. It's so easy." Damon says.

"No, no, no. There's no guarantee that you can control yourself, okay? It takes years to learn that. You can easily kill somebody," Stefan warns "and then you have to carry that guilt with you for the rest of your life, which, if I haven't made clear, is eternity"

"He's speaking from experience." I whisper to Vickie, earning no a threatening glare from my little brother.

"Don't listen to him. He walks on a moral plane way out of our eye line." Damon says "I say snatch, eat, erase."

"Hey, look at me. We choose our own path." Then why are you convincing her to follow yours? "Our values and our actions, they define who we are."

"Okay, count Deepak." Damon mocks.  "I am out of here." He announces before walking out of the room.

"You leaving too?" Stefan assumes.

"Yeah. I'm not on board with this either, Stef. Sorry." I say standing up and walking out.

The animal diet works, for me and Stefan. But we've also been vampires for a century and a half, and we have no idea how a new vampire would act going straight on animal's right after transition, if anything, start with blood bags and slowly make the switch. But Stefan would never listen to me.

I walk down the stairs after Damon hearing the door ring.

"Is Stefan here?" I hear Elena's voice ask.

"Yep." Damon responds, I run to join him at the door.

"Where is he?" She asks, somewhat ignoring me. Ouch.

"And good morning to you, little miss 'I'm on a mission'." Damon says.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?" She asks.

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" I ask, somewhat regretting calling her stupid but she kinda asked for it.

"If either of you wanted me dead, I'd be dead." She says.

"Yes, you would." I reply.

"But I'm not." She says, her attitude showing through.

"Yet." Damon emphasizes.

"Where is Stefan?" She asks, getting back to the point.

"He's upstairs singing the 'the rain in Spain'." Damon lies. "Knock yourself out." He says before walking past her outside.

"He's upstairs trying to get Vickie on an all animal diet." I reply, starting to walk into the house, she stays put. "Coming?" She starts following "Stefan! Elena's here!" I yell, he shows up almost instantly and I head outside.

                                             •••
Damon and I ended up going to the Grill, kind of risky considering I'm supposed to be at school, but I can just say it was a family emergency and I can't be in school today.