vii. GRASPS IN THE LIGHT

season four,

episode seven: the massacre at hawkins lab—part two

part two.

THE lights in the chandelier bright up, earning their attention. They could hear Dustin more clearly now. "To open a tear in time and space, just like the Mothergate." Nancy's hands were inside the glowing particles, "whoa." Eddie whispers.

Fah looks up, raising his hand slowly and smiled as the light shimmed brighter. Eddie did so too and he smiled badly at the other. They all joined in, the lights now brighter. "It kinda feels good." Robin chuckles.

"Does anyone know morse code?" Nancy asks them, Fah quickly nodding. "Just..hi and hello." Eddie then spoke up, "wait, does SOS count?" Nancy looks over at him, "is that—"

"So our working theory is that Vecna makes remote contact from his attic. We don't know why. We assume he can do it from anywhere." Dustin explains to Erica, who's attention was too focused on the lights in the kitchen.

Dustin sits in front of her, "are you even listening to me?" He asks to which she quickly answers—"I'm listening." Long before she quickly changed the subject. "It's just.." She gets up from her seat. "You said you followed Vecna through lights, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

Erica looks up at the kitchen lights, Max noticing easily. "Because I think he's here." The three stand up as they saw, looking up with Erica. Dustin walks closer, whispering letters quietly.

"Hey, uh," He starts nervously, "remember when I said they wouldn't be stupid enough to go through Watergate?" Sawyer did not want to think this. "Dustin. Do not fucking say another word." Dustin turns his head to look at them. "I overestimated them."

The forum huddles around in Nancy's room, waiting for the lite-brite to light up. "Come on. Come on."

"Seeing this?..." They faintly hear. Nancy sticks her out, the light and particles appearing like before. "We're not moving it, but we're unplugging it. Stand by."

They wait, getting Dustin's approval to try it again. Nancy writes out hi, Sawyer sighing of relief while they happily cheered. After finding out it was good, she wrote stuck. "Uh, you can't get back to Watergate?" Fah tilts his head.

"Watergate?" Robin looks at him. "Cause it's in water and it's a gate." She guesses, trying to make sense. She writes out, guarded. "Perfect. Yes. Yes. Yes." Steve says. "We have a theory that may help with that. We think..... only.... murder site."

Steve looks at them, "does anybody understand what he's talking about?" Nancy questions. Everyone declines, saying no. She writes a question mark. "Jesus christ. This kids gotta get his ego in check." Steve complains.

"It's his tone, right?" Eddie asks, agreeing. "I know." Steve replies. "So..So how far is your trailer?" Nancy asked Eddie. "Seven miles." He replies.

Robin spoke up. "Nancy, Uh, I know your house here is like, weirdly, creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you had bikes?"

Pi sits on the bed, trying to avoid eye contact with of the officers that were death staring him. "And then you decided a prank would be fun on us?" One of them ask, him nodding. "Yes..sir." "Are you sure? I saw you acting weird around the Sinclairs. You have a grudge on them? Family hates them, that's why they're not here?"

He looks up and finally stares at the scary and rude man. Pi gulped, feeling a puddle form under his eyes. "Look, can I go now?"

Pi walks out of the room, wiping away his tears so he didn't look like some stupid crybaby. "Anything?" Karen asks, "nope. Sticking to the same story." He looks around for Max, Lucas, or Dustin, maybe even Sawyer.

He sees Sawyer moving her hand to lure him upstairs. He looks back to check if anyone was looking before running up the stairs with her.  "Alright. We need to sneak out the window. I will pop the officers tire, Pi and Lucas go together, Erica will run and I'll skate." Sawyer explains quickly, making a rope out of the sheets.

"They're stuck in the gate." Dustin said to Pi. "What?" They take turns going down. "We need to go to Eddie's trailer, we know how to get them out." Pi holds onto the rope, jumping down and Lucas holding his hand out for him.

He grabs it, getting down safely. After, Officer Callahan looked out the window. While screaming their names out, Sawyer stabs his tire—air hissing out. "No!" He shouts in disappointment, Sawyer smirking before peddling on her skateboard.

Fah peddles on the bike, going as fast as he could for he trailer so the bats don't get to them. They look over and see Victor Creel's house, the bats and red lighting surrounding the area.

They enter the trailer park, Eddie leading the way. "Right here." He says. They stop and drop their bikes, panting. "There's gotta be a Guinness World Record. Most Miles traveled interdimensionally."

They enter the trailer, looking up at rhe open gate which on the ceiling. "This is where Chrissy died, like—right where she died." Said Eddie. "I think there's something in there." Robin admits.

They wait a bit, until the gate opened a bit, the group stepping back in fear. "I'll kill it." Fah whispers, him and Steve sneakily moving a bit. However, his expression softened as he saw Dustin. "Oh..shit."

There was Lucas, Pi, Erica, Max, and Sawyer too. "Steve? What the hell happened?!" She shouts a boy before cursing in korean.

It was a good way for Dustin to prepare a rope. They look at Eddie's mattress that Lucas and Pi laid out. "Those stains..are uh," He spoke awkwardly before admiring. "Yeah, I don't know what those stains are." Fah looks at him, pretending he didn't hear that.

Dustin throws the rope, making it fall through. Robin goes up first, followed by Fah whom fell upside down. "Shit." He breathes out, getting back up. Eddie comes back, falling. "That was fun." He admits, Fah grabbing his hand and helping him up.

Sawyer was waiting for Steve, watching him climb up the rope. He groans in pain after falling down, rubbing his back. Sawyer helps him up, before slapping his chest. "You asshole! You could've died!" She exclaims, giving him another slap.

"Ow! But I didn't! I came back all in pieces besides my skin." Steve smiles proudly, about to hug her until he noticed Sawyers eyes were shut. "Seriously? You can't even look ay me now, babe? You're that mad?"

Nancy noticed something was wrong. "Sawyer." She calls out, no response. Steve now remembers, this is exactly how Max was like when Vecna took her. Sawyer a eyes twitch, "hey! Sawyer!" They shout out, Steve snapping his fingers.

"Sawyer! Hey! Wake up!" Steve yelled in worriness. Max gulps before quickly whispering, "Vecna."

—LIV!!
duck