Chapter10

*29*

The day after, once the school day had gotten out, I called Izuku, to ask if I could come over that afternoon. He had said yes, and I was now headed over to his apartment. Knocking on his door, he soon opened up and let me inside. The interior was the same as it had been since the first time I had walked in; white walls, some decorated with pictures and paintings, two brown sofas crowded around a small coffee table and a TV off to the side. The only difference being a small cote of dust covering a few of the flat surfaces around the small area.

"So, Shoto, what do you want to do, now that you're here?" Izuku asked.

"I didn't think that far ahead," I said, putting my shoes off to the side of the entranceway. "I have some homework due, so I guess I could work on that."

"But that's boring!" he exclaimed. "Why not just hang out and play video games. That's way more fun than just doing homework."

"Sure. We could do that," I said.

Walking into Izukus room, he picked out one of the games that were scattered around his shelves and desk drawers. "What about Mario Kart?" Izuku said, handing me the disc box. "I could set up the Wii really quick."

I agreed, following him back into his living room. Once his Wii U was set up, we began playing, playfully yelling at each other every once in a while because our character had gotten hit with an item or fallen off the track. It was fun. This was fun.

"Hey, could I ask you something?" I said.

"... what is it Shoto?" He paused the game going on, turning his head to face me.

"Do you know what happened to Katsuki?" He paused for a moment, a hard silence fell upon us, a silence that we haven't had since we first met.

As he collected his thoughts, he finally responded, "It was on the news a day ago," He sighed. He pauses for a long moment not looking up at me, giving me a sense of dread and worry. "Do you think I did it?"

"W-what?" His eyes glossed over to mine in a serious manner, his demeanor changing along with his facial expression.

"Answer me truthfully. Do you think I killed Kacchan?" We took another long pause. The tension building up

"No," I answered, opposing the truth.

"Right..." he mumbled to himself, standing up. "I'm going to go grab something. You can unpause the game if you want." He walked into the hallway to the side of the room, opening and closing a door as he walked into one of the rooms lining the hallway.