"Kara calm down." I warned her.

"How can I calm down! My family is dead, my last living relative is a disgrace, and I can't seem to do anything right!" She ripped her arm out of the wall.

"Then stop! Stop this war, end what will happen and save yourself the heartache." I shouted, sleepless night catching up with me.

"I can't, you know I can't." She grunted.

"It's tearing you apart, causing more harm than good Kara so just stop it." I spun her to face me, tears brimming at my eyes.

"I hate myself… but I will never forgive myself if I stop now. It would all be in vain." The look in her eyes was haunting.

"We can leave…we can get away, leave all of this behind. Wouldn't you want that?" I reach for her hand.

Pulling her hand back harshly she kept her eyes away from me, brows furrowing under her own inner turmoil.

"I cantcan't… but I won't stop you." Her voice is now quiet.

"What do you mean?" I knew, I just wanted her to say it.

"Leave Lena, I won't hold you in this war. I can see what it's doing to you every time I get hurt, everytime I leave the fear in your eyes greater each time. I've failed everyone else but I won't fail you." She finally met my eyes, pain filling hers.

A loud slap sounded out, tears staining my cheeks as I looked at her. How could she say that? How could she think I would leave without her?

"You're failing me now." I gritted my teeth.

"It's the only way to keep you safe, away from what they could do to you." She tried to touch me but I flinched away.

"I am not a damsel Kara, I can hold my own. I've drugged the entire JL and you think I can't handle them? You think I want to be away from you? From the very thing that will kill you." I pushed her shoulders, angry with her.

"It doesn't matter if I'm gone, I want you alive, I want you safe!" She grabbed my wrists.

"It matters to me! I care if you're safe, I care if you're alive!" I thrashed in her grip.

Wrangled my ahfns away, slamming my fists into her chest, tears blurring my vision. 

"Don't you know what I've done for you!? Everything I do is for you! I saved you from the planet, I killed my family for you, I'm in the war for you! None of this can be taken back! None of it!" 

I push her away, too angry to be near her.  She sounded so stupid, she was acting Prideful when she didn't need too. I would do anything for her but this is something that will break us.

"Lena I-"

"You want war? Then have war Kara." I move past her, striding for my bedroom.

"I didn't mean it like-"

"What did you mean then? You want me held up away so I can watch you get yourself killed? You want me to accept that the only person I love is trying to kill herself. What is it Kara?" I stopped in my tracks, facing her with intensity.

She stood quietly, eyes raging up a storm. She was so different from when I met her, when I first fell in love. Her eyes were dark, no longer the bright blue I loved, the scars tracing her body telling stories of her struggle.