Ch 10: Hope

Lena POV:

1 Month Since The Ambush:

Leaving the board meeting I could tell Sam was following after me as I strode through the halls. Moving past people I secured Sam and myself in the elevator going up.

"You alright Lena?" Sam didn't leave after that night, she stayed to make sure I would be okay.

"I'm fine… better than ever." I gave a tight smile and exited the elevator.

Going into my office I found Diana lounging on my sofa. Scoffing, I strode in and grabbed my tablet. Moving in front of the Amazon I typed away on my tablet and pulled up an analysis of our winning percentage.

"This will help how?" She stood up.

"I have all of their nanites ready, I don't think we should take them out right away considering we're understaffed but I do think we should poison the water." I pulled up each individual security measures for all of them.

"How do we do that?" She looked closer at the picture of nanites.

"Simple, you drug them and I'll activate them when the time comes." I moved to my desk.

Stopping in front of it I swiped and made a holographic globe appear, it swirls idly showing every crevice of the planet.

"And when is the right time?" Diana looked confused.

"When we get Kara back." I firmly stated.

"Lena…" Sam spoke softly.

"No, I know she's alive. She wouldn't die so easily." I held my ground.

"The probability of her surviving is slim." Diana tried.

"I'll take slim over definite. Now help me secure the Justice League's demise." I focused on the watchtower that hovered above the earth.

"Fine. I'll drug them." She sighed.

"Great. Don't get caught." I pulled a small case from my locked desk drawer, handing it to her. She took the case and left out the balcony with a gush if wind.

"God I hate her." I groaned.

"You two seem to get along okay." Sam offered.

"I do it for Kara's sake." I grunted.

"Right, well you have a meeting coming up so I'll leave you to it and go get those projects finalized." Sam smiled and left with a wave.

Sighing, I rubbed my temple and poured myself a drink, sitting in my chair and taking a moment to relax. I could feel the anger and betrayal burning behind my eyes wishing to slip through but I couldn't, not yet.

I didn't sleep…

I barely ate…

I mostly threw myself to work to ignore the pain. It worked for a bit but now that the nanite problem was solved I didn't have anything besides regular work. Having Sam here did have its perks, she helped relieve me of a lot of my duties.

Downing the drink quickly I relished in the burn it gave, letting a breath go I focused on nothing. A knock on the door let me know my meeting was happening, calling for them in. 

"Hello Ms Luthor." 

Bruce Wayne walked in with his 'charming' playboy smile, I could tell it was fraudulent, he didn't want to be a billionaire, he wanted to be the Bat. Standing, I took his hand in mine and gave a firm handshake, motioning for him to sit. We got straight to business.