Ch 8: A Lover Quarrel

Kara POV:

Morning came, the morning sun shined bright across the city. The steady heartbeat of Lena filled my ears, she laid on my chest sleeping comfortably. Not wanting to wake her I carefully slip from her grip and make my way to the bathroom. Taking care of my morning routine in seconds I quickly went to the kitchen right after.

Starting a pot of coffee and making some food I sat with myself, the idle sound of the city traffic helping clear my mind.

Love me?

Lena loved me?

She must have been tired…

I drowned in my thoughts of her quiet words last night until silent footsteps approached. Snapping my head in her direction I found a still sleepy woman coming to the counter.

"Goodmorning Ms Luthor." I gave a bright cheeky smile.

"Mmm." She groaned, heading straight for the coffee pot.

I watched as she grabbed a big cup and filled it, taking a large sip she sighed and started to wake up. With a hand covered yawn she faced me and gave a quick hug before sitting at the island.

"Ever so sleepy in the morning Lena." I chuckled.

"Hush, I'm enjoying my coffee." She waved me off.

Smiling, I served her a plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. She stared at it then looked at me, taking a sip as she spoke.

"How many calories?"

"You don't get to know that, now eat. I know very well you didn't last night." I stacked my plate high with the cooked breakfast.

She sighed and began to eat her food, joining her we ate in a comfortable silence for some time. Once done I took our dishes and washed them as she went to 'put on her face' as she said.

Hearing gunshots across town I quickly fly there and find a small bodega robbery. As the cook ran out of the store I clotheslined him and stomped on his chest with enough force to stop his heart. He gasped and blood trickled out of his mouth, picking up the bag of money I delivered it back to the owner with a smile.

Thanking me great fully I waited as the cops showed up before leaving, as I flew back to Lena's I found a familiar body on a rooftop. Descending  down I met Diana as she looked over my city. Noticing me she came closer and wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer to her body.

"Hey there Superwoman." She husked.

"Diana. Did you manage to get what we needed?" I gave a smile back.

"Yep. It's all on here." She held up a flash drive.

"Perfect! We can get started." I reached for it.

"Great, let's get started." She slipped it into my hand.

Pocketing it in my boot I stood up and could hear Lena about to finish getting ready for the day. My attention was pulled when kisses were placed across my neck, Diana let her hands slip into my hair.

"Diana, as much as I'd love to, we need to get started on this." I groaned.

"Mm, I suppose. Come, let's go." She pulled back.

"You're gonna have to meet us at L-Corp." I stopped her.

"Lex is helping us?" She looked confused.

"No, his sister is. Meet me there in an hour and we can get the ball rolling. Come in civilian clothes." I kissed her cheek and took off for Lena's place.