Ch 12: New Challenger

Lena POV:

3 months since rescue

I hate Diana…

She made it very clear that she would keep Kara wrapped around her finger no matter what it took. I couldn't stand seeing the two together, especially since Kara was enjoying the attention.

They trained together…

Ate together…

Even spent quality time together….

And I hated every second of it…

Anytime I was alone with Kara it felt like things were right and that they would go back to normal, but then Diana would interrupt. She would pull Kara away from me or keep her to herself so she can make the blonde hers.

With Kara being 'fragile' since her rescue, she didn't really try to fight it off or express whether she liked it or not. Yet, I can always see a strange look in her eyes everytime we're alone.

It's not like I haven't noticed it, or noticed her, it's hard not too. She was so different yet the same from 9 months ago.

She was as tall as Superman, more muscular, her hair a slightly darker blonde, and her eyes weren't as bright. The most noticeable features were her scars… It saddened me to see them.

Larger ones laid across her sun kissed back, multiple smaller ones on her arms, and a distinctive cut on the left side of her lip. She was covered in stories that she didn't wish to tell, I wanted nothing more than to comfort her but couldn't. 

Instead I settled on watching her from afar, currently I was watching her soar with Diana in the gravity room I had built. It was fascinating what she could do now, she was stronger, faster, and more durable.

Her and Diana traded hits faster than I could keep up with, surely moving at the speed of sound or light. The only difference was that Diana looked hurt and Kara didn't. She took Diana's hits like nothing more than a child punching her.

Wanting to test her I turn the dial in front of me up, watching as Diana stumbles to hold her footing while Kara easily walks towards her. The gravity in the room was growing denser making it hard for Diana to stand.

Kara stood with ease, watching as Dian fell to her knees before her. A smile graced my lips as the Amazon fell lower as the gravity worsened. Her head struggled to look at me but when she did there was nothing but murder in her eyes. Smirking I stopped the machine and let the woman catch her breath.

Standing up she glared at me through the mirror before striding to Kara and pulling her into a kiss. Anger quickly filled me but I stilled my emotions and blocked out my own selfish reasons. When they pulled away Diana motioned somewhere and left Kara by herself. Like a puppy she quickly came running out of the room and waited for her results, her chest puffed with pride. 

"How did I do?" She smiled.

"Better than last time." I shook my head with a grin.

"How much better?" She furrowed her brows.

"From my brother's notes and other factors, I can say that you officially lift more than Superman." I patted her on the shoulder.

She seemed to buzz with joy, wearing a giant smile she picked me up and twirled me around. I instinctively wrapped my arms around her as she spun me. She laughed and cheered with excitement at her accomplishment. When setting me down she held my shoulders and gently shook me.