Ch 17: Loss and Redemption

Lena POV:

My building and L-Corp were in lock down, the attack from Green Arrow and Black Canary made news. Thanks to the gracious words of Supergirl, people for once had my back and hated that the Supers attacked me.

News and media swarmed outside L-Corp as I stayed in my office, a glass of scotch in hand. Sam barged through and hugged me gently minding my wounds, pulling away she let tears fall.

"What the hell happened?" She fussed over me.

"I'm fine, can't really move my shoulder very well, my legs and ears hurt but I'm fine despite that." I waved her off, worrying about Kara filling my mind.

"Thus is getting serious Lena. These are powerful people and they're looking to kill you." Her voice is more serious.

"I'm well aware… I had to kill one of them tonight." I downed my drink and filled it again.

"What!?" She spun me around.

"Black Canary, damn bird wouldn't shut up." I let anger come first, I was too afraid to let the other emotions spill.

"Lena, that's serious, you took a life." Sam held my shoulders.

"I had to do it, she would have killed me." I moved past her.

"Where's Kara?" She followed.

"Not sure… she had to leave, they were attacking Midvale." I sat on my couch, watching the news.

"She wasn't there?" Sam sounded pissed.

"Of course she was there, how else would I be alive?" I scoffed.

"You're in too deep." She warned me.

"I know… but I can't leave, I have to stay with her, help her." I rubbed my face.

"At what point does this become too much! This could get you killed, this will get plenty killed, but this…THIS is too much. When will you see that?" She slapped the drink out of my hand, anger in her eyes.

"I don't know… I just, I can't leave her Sam. I've given my all to her and I don't know what I'll become if I don't have her." Tears cascaded down my cheeks.

"I know you love her and in some messed up way she loves you but she will get you killed." She sat next to me, pulling me into her side.

I did love her…

I wondered if this was what she needed?

If killing them would fill the hole in her heart…

I asked before…

I wanted to ask before she left but it was her mother…

I would do so much for Kara…

I would give her the world if she asked…

But I didn't want to lose her…

I didn't want to lose her in this war…

"I love her… I love her more than I could understand." My tears fell freely.

"Then know when to let go… otherwise it will kill you." Sam rubbed my arm.