Chapter Twenty-Six - Dirty Little Ella

Start from the beginning

I cut him off. "You are a horrible person, Hunter!"

He stilled and pointed a finger to his chest. "I am? I'm a horrible person? You're a horrible person for forcing a dog on me in the first place. I didn't want one, you forced it on me and I took it in because I love you."

I faced him and glared directly into his eyes. "You could have said no!"

"I did say no but you being the way you are, didn't listen. For once, think about the things I do for you, instead of taking everything like it's your right!"

My chin trembled and I nodded my head. "If I'm so horrible, then why are you with me?!"

"Don't fucking blow this out of proportion!"

"You are the one who started describing how terrible of a girlfriend I am like you were waiting for a chance to say all these things to me! Why don't you leave me then, Hunter? If I'm so awful then we should break up!"

He grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. "Are you using Bella's death to break up with me?"

"I'm not using anything, you're the one who clearly wants out!"

"I didn't fucking say that!"

I pushed on his chest. "You called me horrible!"

He grabbed both of my upper arms, pulling me even closer as he said the words on my face, I looked to my side. "You called me horrible first!"

The way he was holding me, restraining my movement reminded me of someone. Someone who used to do the same thing whenever things didn't go his way. He'd hold me, he'd crowd me and then he'd intimidate me. I won't let it happen again, no, I won't let anyone intimidate me again.

I gritted my teeth in frustration. "Leave. Me."

"Look at me, El!"

My heart dropped in my stomach as I faced him. "What did you call me?!"

"What?" he looked confused.

"What did you just call me?! By which name did you just call me?!"

"Ella, I called you Ella! What else?!"

He did call me Ella, didn't he? I heard it wrong. I heard his voice.

I shook my head. "Let me go!"

"Are you crying?"

I struggled in his hold. "Let me go, Hunter, or I swear to god I won't ever see you again!"

"Ella, what's wrong?"

"Hunter, let me go, stop touching me, let me go!"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" he snapped at me.

"You know what, I'm done! Now let me go before I slap you across your face!"

And he did. He took a step back, a heartbroken expression fell over his face.

He gave his head a shake before his eyes darkened.  "Why are you so eager to break up with me, Ella? Wanna go to that asshole friend of yours... the one who clearly has hots for you?! What's his name? Ha, Daniel, fucking Daniel!"

"Don't you dare spin this towards me? You killed my dog and suddenly you are the one with trust issues? What about your friends? What about Avery? Just because she is a nerdy little dorky whore, doesn't mean that I don't feel threatened by her! Sometimes, it feels like you're the one who clearly has hots for that dumb bitch," I shook my head. "After dating me, I actually thought that you had high standards!"