"Yes," Aiden and I answered.

We ended the call with Hunter and left the office to the guest house.

We reached the exit of the pack house when I heard my name from Derek, "Carmen, wait."

I turned to see Derek walking toward me with a card in his hands. He handed it over, saying, "My parents want to meet you."

I looked at Derek deeply before taking the card and giving it to Aiden. "Thank you, Alpha Derek. we finished the call with my father."

I did not say anything about the invitation card or his parents.

He furrowed his brows but tried to smile it off, "I see."

I mind linked Aiden to finish the talk with Derek, 'Aiden, please continue.'

Aiden stared before talking to the alpha, "My sister will make her attendance to the invitation, please, excuse us ."

''Okay, I will tell them," Derek nodded in delight.

We left.

"How did you know that I would attend?" I asked Aiden as soon as we entered the house.

Aiden smiled at me before answering, "You won't take the card from him, and Dad said that the traitor would most likely be high-ranked in the rosemoon pack."

"You need to investigate the former alpha and luna, right?, He added.

"You know me well." I nodded while we walked to my appointed room.

"Of course, I am your brother," Aiden said proudly.

''Anyway, you are coming with me. we can't take the invitation too lightly." I looked at the invitation card in my hand that Aiden gave me after we left the packhouse.

They avoided me in the pack during my stay, and now they are inviting me. 'Something is suspicious,' I thought after waving Aiden goodbye before entering the room.

An Alpha who gives his successor the position retires from the work. The alpha can't remain in the pack after his retirement because the presence of two alphas will cause anxiety among the pack members. Their auras are the problem. They can live in a secluded area near the pack.

The former alpha and luna came to the pack because of the elder's visit and will stay in the Rosemoon pack until the situation is solved.

Aiden knocked on the former alpha's house's door, and the housekeeper welcomed us inside and led us to the dining room, where we saw them with my ex-father.

Aiden and I glanced at each other before he greeted them, and I nodded at them before we sat down.

'Why is here?' I thought while Aiden spoke to the older generation to dispel the awkwardness.

The housekeeper placed our food on the table before retreating.

I picked up my fork to eat when the luna spoke gently, "Carmen, How is your stay in the pack?"

'Answer politely,' Aiden, mind linked to me.

I glanced at him before answering the Luna, who had never spoken gently to me before. "Good."

The simple answer from me made her smile falter before she smiled at me again. "Don't stand on ceremony with me, carmen, and This is still your home after all."

I gripped the fork in my hand and managed to speak politely. "I see."

She stiffened her smile and looked at her mate for help.

I continued eating without looking at their reaction.

'I tried my best,' I mind-linked Aiden.

Aiden looked at his sister eating her meal calmly without knowing the awkwardness she caused.

He smiled at the former Luna, " My sister does not talk too much, don't mind her."

The Former laughed it off, "Ha ha ha, I see, you must be close with your sister. I would have thought she was your mate If I didn't know of her adoption." It was no secret that the SANGUINEX was the adopted daughter of an elder.

Aiden smiled regardless of the insult thrown at him, "Yes, people mistake us as mates." She indirectly pointed out that we were very close and that she was a member of the rosemoon pack.

I dropped my cutlery loudly on the plates to shut her mouth and wiped my mouth with the napkin before staring at the former luna.

She looked uncomfortable under my stare.

I don't understand why she abused me when she was supposed to help from all the abuse. A Luna is the mother of the pack. The emotional and mental health of the werewolf pack lies within the luna. She helps to calm the werewolf pack regardless of any situation. This Luna did the opposite of that to a pack member.

I shifted my gaze to the former alpha and spoke to him, "I am not a patient person, alpha. Control your Luna, and there won't be bloodshed."

"You!" Her face flushed in embarrassment at being called out, and she glared at me hatefully, entirely different from the gentle gaze at the beginning.

I continued, ignoring the embarrassed Luna, "I am sure you did not bring me here to bond."

The Former Alpha looked at me before speaking, "It seems we chose the wrong person from the beginning. I see what you mean, beta."

I stared at him and my ex-father before questioning, "What do you mean?"

The former alpha stared at me before questioning, "Carmen, when did you get your wolf?"

I stared at them before answering, "Your Beta asked the same question, and I would give you the same answer. Why should I answer your question?"

'Why are they questioning about my beast?' I thought.

I was about to thank them and leave, but the former alpha asked a question. "Do you have dreams of a prophecy?"

I winced and growled at him, "How do you know that?"

Instead of answering, he smiled, "As I said, we chose the wrong person."

"I will repeat. How do you know that?" I growled in warning.

The former alpha looked at me and answered with a mocking smile.

"An oracle came to us before our children were born. Saying our pack is blessed by the moon goddess with a great fortune."

Enjoy!