"Why?" Aria asked calmly surprising everyone in the room except Demitri. He knew of the chaos that was happening within her. He was impressed with her ability to even sound that calm.

"Your mother found out who you are and couldn't... " Kyria Celma froze and begun to choke on her own blood as her knees went weak and she fell on the floor. With widened eyes, Aria looked towards who Kyria Celma was looking at and without wasting a second, she lunged for her mother the same time Doukai rushed to his now lifeless mother.

"What was that for?! Why did you do that?!" Aria screamed as she held her mother's neck in one hand, applying pressure.

"She had to go.". Dalcia simply said with an empty look.

"I could snap your neck in a split second for that. You just killed the leader of the witch coven of Ourà Fengari, Dalcia"

"I don't regret it. I can't let her ruin what I've built"

"Will you continue the story for me?" Aria asked knowing damn well her mother wasn't going to say anything.

"You can hope I will. That's up to you" She replied.

They glared at each other and for Dalcia it was a competition of power and dominance but in less than a minute, she felt something prick the back of her neck and no it wasn't Aria's claws. She wanted to look down to see what was making her neck stiff but she felt another sharp prick.

"They're thorns, mother. They'll be off the minute you tell me the rest of the story. And no matter what you do, you'll live till I say otherwise" She gritted out. Despite how hard Dalcia had been on her sometimes,she didn't hold her to it so much. She assumed she was only training her properly but now she was certain something was wrong somewhere. Maybe everything was wrong everywhere even.

"Take her to the dungeons" Aria instructed the guards she summoned as soon as they entered.
She then looked behind her to find Doukai cradling Kyria Celma's body close to his chest. He stared quietly at her. He wasn't her favorite person that moment and he was no longer her chosen mate but she couldn't deny she still loved him. Of course one didn't just start hating a person they loved or thought they loved for years. It just didn't work that way. No for Aria at least.

"I'm sorry, Kai". She said softly and he nodded despite the emotions that were cursing through his veins.

"Come". Demitri told Aria and grasped her hand, leading them out of the drawing room. She was glad she did because even though she couldn't bring herself to leave either. She appreciated Demitri's presence that moment because he acted wise enough to ask maids to clean the room and prepare Kyria Celma's body for burial after he got her into her rooms.

"Thank you". Aria told him as he came back into her rooms. He looked at her quietly for a few seconds before moving to kneel between her parted legs infront of her bed and took both hands in his, kissing each knuckle before he spoke.

"You don't have to thank me. I can imagine what you're going through right now. You can call me if you need me. I think you should rest ". He said and left her.
Truth is, he didn't want to leave her alone but he wasn't too sure if she'd be very comfortable with him. He was still trying to reach his wolf and it was still the same so clearly she didn't even trust him. Hell, he wasn't sure she didn't hate him still.

Aria couldn't sit still. She had too many questions and she knew her stubborn mother wouldn't give her any if she questioned her. Not that moment at least but she needed those answers immediately. Doukai would be the wrong person to ask too . She paced her room unable to do anything else. After hours of deliberation, she decided she's ask Zekai, her father. He had to know something but that man was as secretive as his mate. Maybe even more but at least she had hopes of coaxing him into spilling something. Having found a new purpose, she marched straight to her parents ' side of the castle and to her father's office.