2

Max woke up in a cold sweat, awaken by memories from a hell he once called home.

Hi lips were dryer then gwens texts. He was still breathing heavily. He had been having a lot of these nightmares recently, which made him more and more petrified of going back back house After all, camp was over in a week.

Before he knew it, tears spilled out of his eyes, running down his face.

Max and Neil shared a tent, so maxs behavior had been worrying the brunette.

Neil didn't want to mention it, Max would've told him if he wanted too.

But susdenly, one thing really alarmed
Neil.

"God..why can't I just fucking die already. I'm gonna go die at my so called house anyway." Max whispered as he got up.

The thing is, Max never knew that neil was awoken by this.

Neil knew he had to tell someone after he heard that. But who?

his mind hit him with an idea.

David.

Max took his blanket off, got up, grabbed his hoodie and put it on the way out.

Neil was hit with a huge feeling with worrisome after max left. He tried to just to close his eyes and drift off into sleep after that, but instead he was tossing and turning all night.

His mind was stuck with the one question playing repeatedly in his head.

What was going on at Maxs house?

-

Max was sitting down in the woods, pulling some grass out of its place and  leaving the pulled pieces ontop on the dirt.

He was shaking uncontrollably, panicking about the end of the week. He didn't want to go back. He hated it there. It was his dad, amd it scared him even thinking about any word like that. Dad's were supposed to make their kids feel safe, not make them terrified to step into their house.

Teas were running down the shaky boys face, as he got up and headed to the dock at the lake. Thoughts were rushing though his brain, scary thoughts. Thoughts that would probably send him to a hospital.

It was around two in the morning, so max was really tired. But he was to scared to close his eyes, his mind would only play him a horrific movie.

He was sitting at edge of the dock, dangling his feet over the edge.

He wanted to jump.

But he didn't have to courage too.

"I'm a pussy...of course I can't jump over a dock." Max mumbled, fighting back more tears.

~

Hours passed by, the sun started to rise but Max stayed. He didn't want to go back there, even though he liked it, it was nice having some peace and quiet for once in his life.

Max smiled, there was no kids yelling, no food getting thrown in his curly hair, nobody, just him.

That is, until the what he calls shit thoughts came it like a wrecking ball.

"Fuck no, no! not now!! God, the one time I have peace in my life!! I can never catch a fucking break, can I?? he whisper yelled.

"Fuck my life.." max said, getting up and walking to into the woods, back to his tent.

He walked in to see neil pretending pretending he asleep, it was pretty obvious. His eyes were roughly shut and he was just laying there completely straight.

"Man Neil, I got to hand it too you, you suck at pretending to be asleep."

"aww..what gave it away???"

Max chuckled, "you just looked so unnatural dude. go to sleep, im going to too." max didn't seem pissed, or didn't even say it in his regular monotone voice. he seemed happy.

He didn't want to leave.

From a long time, he hadn't felt much. But today? He felt happy.  Camp made him happy, but he would never admit to it.